• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fs section so cheap

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
I was just wondering why some items being sold in the fs section is so cheap. I see new RLPL suits for like 1000. It seems kind of sketchy to me... Are the items being sold in that fs section poorer quality or what?

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's exactly right.

The web site dedicated to quality clothes and populated by construction fanatics has a subforum for selling cheap Vietnamese knock-offs.

rolleyes.gif

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People are being nice. Many aren't professional sellers, but are just passing on some great stuff to people who love clothes. I hope you can understand that.

TheButler

Reaction score
It is a little more involved with that. There are some great deals but you do have to be a careful to be sure you are getting what you expected.

1) Some of the clothing is used and is listed as such (look for words such as "like new").

2) The new clothing (look for NWT, BNWT, and NWOT monikers, the presence of basting thread, the absence of hemming, photos of unworn soles, etc.) generally comes from special sales, discount outlets, or sometimes "people who know people" in the retail business. Be aware that some of it is "new old stock" (meaning it is never worn but can range from this year's models to being quite old stock that didn't sell). Some of it is slightly flawed or damaged (reputable sellers will point this out in the listing, whether its a loose thread or a scuff on a shoe).

Be aware that the people creating these listings are generally making some amount of profit on each item. That isn't a bad thing; think of it as the cost of them providing you access to a wide range of bargains you wouldn't normally see unless you spent hours each month hunting for them.

In short, read the listings carefully. Ask questions on fit and quality before you buy. FS isn't a Nieman Marcus store.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I have Tom Ford in my basement making bespoke codpieces. They are first quality. Thread will be up shortly.

I'm down for TF seconds on those, if they become available. LMK.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
I'm down for TF seconds on those, if they become available. LMK.

uhoh.gif

The tags will not be red and cut, unless its the 15th or so of the month.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's called buyer's remorse.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I always thought there might be some "hot" items on the BS. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but given all the known garment theft I am sure some items floating around on the net would have to be.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
I always thought there might be some "hot" items on the BS. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but given all the known garment theft I am sure some items floating around on the net would have to be.

I highly doubt this. Maybe with Gucci, LV, or Prada junk floating around eBay, but I seriously doubt people are stealing Edward Greens.

I could probably name where most B&S items comes from. I choose not to b/c I don't think that's fair to the sellers.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I highly doubt this. Maybe with Gucci, LV, or Prada junk floating around eBay, but I seriously doubt people are stealing Edward Greens.

I could probably name where most B&S items comes from. I choose not to b/c I don't think that's fair to the sellers.

I think you have to be wrong. With all the sales on the B & S there has to be the odd hot item getting moved. Not saying it is more then 1% of the items but the likely hood of it happening is pretty high.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics