• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: RARE Edward Green loafers WITH lasted trees!!!!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, this is another one of those "As much as I wished and as hard as I tried, it just didn't fit" sales threads.
musicboohoo[1].gif
These are Edward Green for Paul Stuart cap-toe brogued loafers I bought deadstock. They were my first Greens, and I was able to buy from Green the hinged lasted trees which are no longer available from Green, only from Flusser or RLPL, and that only for the lasts and sizes they sell at the prices they want (which chez Flusser is a hair-raising $1500). These are gorgeous shoes, which I've given some additional hand-antiquing to using an array of polishes, a Weston mink buffing pad, and love.

I emphasize the lasts because the size is a UK 7C, US 7.5 on the 184 last. The trees are the exact shape of the last, including the slim 184 toe shape, and the exact size and width requested, and were made at my order. Green has since switched to sprung trees which by their nature are a little less precise, and while they say they're lasted they don't approximate the toe shape, and I haven't been able to verify if they approximate the width. If you don't believe me, look at your sprung 888 or 606 trees. Are the toes of the trees squared like the toes of the shoes? No? Mine aren't either. When Green stopped offering hinged trees, a little bit of something special went away. (IMHO there's a reason why bespoke shoes generally have hinged trees...)

The shoes are chestnut antique and have seen gentle use. They've been freshly polished. I include a photo of the soles to show wear.

I am selling them with a Green shoebox and with the Green shoebags. These images are all thumbnails -- click on one for a full-size image.

Green's sprung trees alone can cost over $100. This is a model that simply isn't made anymore and likely won't be, an old design likely by Peal or Poulsen Skone in the Cleverley days that won't be resuscitated but which keeps that Apparel Arts spirit going. A true rarity. I'm asking $300 for them. Please PM me.

I'll ship anywhere; buyer pays shipping as well as any insurance/tracking costs desired, and is responsible for any possible customs or related charges levied.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll do a special price for genius piano players. They really your size?

Aristocrat

Reaction score
What is the actuall size in centimeters?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
What is the actuall size in centimeters?
What do you mean? Are you asking for a European size (I have no idea how Green sizes European), are you asking for a measurement taken on the outside from sole to heel, or are you asking for a measurement of the insole from end to end?

seok

Reaction score
have a pair just like this from Grenson. handsome broguing.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
I was seriously considering a toe amputation, but decided against it.

Rolo

Reaction score
Oooh! These could be my size. Must stop returning to this thread. Bad mouse, bad.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seok
have a pair just like this from Grenson. handsome broguing.

The Paul Stuart / Grenson / Bennies shoes that I have are also very similar. The punching on the strap is done with a smaller hole. There is no medalion on the toe. and the strap does not have that same sweep that makes it wider in the area where it meets the sole.

Somewhat the same general idea and color from Grenson, and very nice shoes. Just not quite as well executed, IMHO.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
Oooh! These could be my size. Must stop returning to this thread. Bad mouse, bad.
You are growing sleepy... Must... buy... Greens...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads