• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Purple Label Mackays sz. 10UK/10.5 US in Edwardian

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up for sale are Purple Label Mackays made by Edward Green in size 10UK/10.5 US. Shoes are brand new, although there is slight shop/try-on scuffing on the bottom sole of the right shoe (not by me). These shoes will come with original box, shoe bags, and the beautifully varnished shoe trees. Price is $475, which will include shipping in CONUS +$15 international. Paypal accepted. Will knock $15 off the price if you pay by check or money order.

If interested, PM me. All I have is a stock photo now, won't be able to put up my own pics until the weekend (GF has my camera). Cheers.

Frederic's Berceuse

Reaction score
you are saying these are half size too small for you?
yes, these are my size. i remember my 10D foot fitting into a 10-10.5 Polo shoe grant and other Purple label.

these are sweet. really sweet. this is better price than that grant sale last week.

tbone226

Reaction score
Do Purple Label Mackays run small or true to size? If I'm a US 10D would I buy a US 10.5 or 10 in the Mackays? Thanks.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with everyone's GF having their cameras?
smile.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkw5000
what width? D, E?

I think EG equates a UK E to a US D. So the sizing would be either a 10UK E or a 10.5 US D. Might not necessarily be a precise conversion, but I guess good enough.

Frederic's Berceuse

Reaction score
i do think i remember Polo in general whether it is EG or CJ, the size is US and in D.

so those would be 10-10.5 D in US sizing i believe.

i will check my polo tellmans, i remember it being 10D on the inside , i would get a photo
but my wife has my camera right now...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Mackays, the dual sizing is meant to be the UK size and the corresponding US size. It's not meant to be a "range" although now to think about it, considering the impreciseness in the UK-US conversion, that's not a bad way of looking at it, although the 10.5 is really indicative of the US size. I've learned on this forum, "true to size" really has no meaning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads