• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Polo Blue Label trousers, NWT BB ties

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a great pair of summer trousers. I originally bought them for myself, but they never made it into the rotation. I think they were drycleaned once in late winter. The color is a nice light gray, really a perfect shade for the warmer months. Dual forward pleats, cuffs, suspender/brace buttons already sewn in. Measurements: Waist is 32.5" with at least 2" to let; inseam is 32" with 1.5" cuffs. Price is $25 shipped in the CONUS. If purchased tonight, I will ship them via Priority Mail tomorrow morning.
forsale003cx6.jpg
forsale005de0.jpg
forsale006ia8.jpg
forsale004di9.jpg
This is a nice BB tie that I listed before. NWT. It's a tan silk herringbone, but is finished kind of like a 50 silk/50 linen blend. Great summer staple. $13 shipped in the CONUS.
forsale009fu6.jpg
forsale010lr6.jpg
Next is a 100% linen BB tie, also NWT. The color is British khaki with blue/cream (almost a light yellow, actually) stripes. A really nice tie. Retail is $59.50. Again, just $13 shipped in the CONUS.
forsale011zw1.jpg
forsale012lh2.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pics/measurements added on the Polo trousers. Taking tie pics ATM.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the pants ralph lauren private label, or blue label as it's sometimes known? in other words, are they above the polo line, but below the black & purple label lines? I've seen Ralph Lauren blue label suits, but never seen a tag with this scripted font outside of purple label. secondly, are these made in italy? and thirdly, would you describe these as a slim cut or generous cut? thanks.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
are the pants ralph lauren private label, or blue label as it's sometimes known? in other words, are they above the polo line, but below the black & purple label lines? I've seen Ralph Lauren blue label suits, but never seen a tag with this scripted font outside of purple label. secondly, are these made in italy? and thirdly, would you describe these as a slim cut or generous cut? thanks.
Honestly, I'm not sure. The label is indeed blue; I don't really know what this signifies. The cut isn't ball-crushing slim, but it's also not clownishly full. I didn't see country of origin tags but I'll go look again.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm shipping a bunch of stuff on Monday and I'd like to send these items along. Price cuts listed above.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conne,

Nice pants. They have an inseam of 32". Are you that tall? I thought you wear a 36S or 38S suit.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Conne,

Nice pants. They have an inseam of 32". Are you that tall? I thought you wear a 36S or 38S suit.

I'm kind of between a S and R. I never had these hemmed to the right length (my inseam is like 29.75).

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm kind of between a S and R. I never had these hemmed to the right length (my inseam is like 29.75).

OK, I see. I thought you might be wearing them like jeans.

What do they call that look where the inseam is 3 or 4 inches longer than usual?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
OK, I see. I thought you might be wearing them like jeans.

What do they call that look where the inseam is 3 or 4 inches longer than usual?

Stacking, I think.

Pants are sold folks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics