• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Oxxford Odd Jacket 42S Stefano Ricci/Pal Zileri ties

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an Oxxford jacket that I thrifted as an experiment. Vman had offered tips on purchasing higher end items despite some problems which he felt were easily overcome. This jacket appeared to have been splashed in a coffee spilling accident, no large stains but several small ones. So I bought it and tried his techniques. Voila, a very nice jacket. It is a three button/roll to two in a creamy tan that I think is a good summer weight. The label identifies it as Oxxford for Maus and Hoffman of South Florida which I think furthers its summer weight credentials. The fabric is unidentified on the label but it has an almost linen quality. It could be silk but I can't say with any certainty. It has been freshly dry cleaned so if you purchase it don't feel you need do more than have it pressed after shipping. The buttons, as the pictures show, are beautiful. It has patch pockets, button holes look to be hand done, and hand stitching can be seen throughout the coat. It is 3/4 lined and center vented. There are some very slight signs of rubbing where one of the stains was worked on just below the bottom buttonhole, but all of the stains were removed and there is no discoloration. The coat is in very nice condition.

The Oxxford label says it is a 44 but I think it measures more like a 42. Please check your measurements with these: Chest 2x23 pit to pit, Sleeve 22 3/4, Waist 22 at middle button, Length 29 3/4 bottom of collar to bottom of coat, Shoulders 19 1/2 seam to seam.
I would like to get $85 or B.O. shipped CONUS

I'm also selling two more ties. On the left is a Stefano Ricci in a beautiful blue print. The silk is the heaviest I have ever felt in a tie. The printing is flawless and I have read that silk printing, done as well as this is, is far more difficult and costly than weaving silk. This is a truely decadent tie that ties a beautiful knot. It has been worn once and I am asking $55 or B.O. shipped CONUS.

The second tie is a Pal Zileri. Also a very nice silk, hand-made, self tipped and worn only once. Asking $40 or B.O. shipped CONUS.

DunninLA

Reaction score
Sleeve 22.75". Do you know if there are 2" somehow in there to let out? Thanks.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There appears to be almost 3" to work with on each sleeve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads