• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Oxxford Cashmere Herringbone jacket 39/40S, Brooks Herringbone 38S, 32W pants

boo

Reaction score
1. First up is an Oxxford dark brown/light brown herringbone jacket, 2 button, SB. It is tagged a Cummings model in 40 short. I don't have an unaltered jacket to compare to, but it seems to measure more like a 39, or even a roomy 38. Sleeves have four buttons. According to a label in the side left it's pure cashmere, but I don't see any other tags identifying material content.

Measurements are as follows:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back : 18" (45.7cm)
Length from collar base seam to bottom hem: 29" (73.7cm)
Sleeves: 22.5" (57.2 cm)
Pit-to-pit: 20.5" (52.1cm)
width at top button 19.25" (48.9cm)

sold

2. Brooks Brothers Herringbone jacket. Looks similar to the Oxxford, but more of a dark brown/tan herringbone. Also 2 button, SB. Tagged 38 short.

Measurements are as follows:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back : 18.5" (47.0cm)
Length from collar base seam to bottom hem: 29" (73.7cm)
Sleeves: 22.25" (56.5 cm)
Pit-to-pit: 20.25" (51.4cm)
width at top button 19" (48.3cm)

$30 shipped

3. Brooks Brothers 32W flat front pants NWT. They are the BrooksEase models, and I have one in a navy chalk stripe, and another in a charcoal chalk stripe. Both have two rear pockets, button on the rear left. Front pockets are vertical along the side seam. Have hidden "watch pocket" in front.

They're labeled short rise, but aren't all that short. Measurements are as follows:

Across waistband lined up: 16" (40.6cm)
Front Rise (measured from crotch seam, along zipper, to top of waist band): 11.25" (28.6cm)
Rear Rise (measured from crotch seam, along seat, to top of waist band): 17.25" (43.8cm)
Inseam: 36.25" (hem unfinished) (92.1cm)
Outseam: 47" (119.4cm)
Hem width: 9.5" (24.1cm)
Knee width (measured 14" down from crotch): 10.375" (26.4cm)

sold

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
Brooks Brothers 32W flat front pants NWT. They are the Brooks Ease models, and I have one in a navy chalk stripe, and another in a charcoal chalk stripe. According to the label, they're short rise, but the rise measurements don't seem to be all that short. Feels at least an 11 to 11.5". $25 shipped for each, or both for $45. Pics and actual measurements coming soon.
Please include measurements of the width at the leg opening and at the knee. They appear rather wide-leg in the pics? (That would explain the "Ease" model name...)

bpanicola

Reaction score
Is there any material to let out the sleeves on the Oxxford about an inch?

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bpanicola
Is there any material to let out the sleeves on the Oxxford about an inch?

I feel about 2.25" of material folded into the sleeve, so I would say yes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads