• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NWT Martin Margiela 10 Trench Coat 46 (US36)

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I have for sale a brand new (all tags still attached) Martin Margiela line 10 trench coat, tagged size 46 (US 36). This coat is a beautiful brown color with orange undertones (the “weft” of the cloth is orange, if you will). Very nice detailing throughout the coat. It is 100% cotton, made in Italy, with a partial lining of acetate. There are two external pockets and three internal pockets as well as a center buttoned rear vent. This coat originally retailed for $1375 and I am asking $300 shipped within the US. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Thanks! Measurements: Length (from collar down): 46.25” Shoulder-to-Shoulder: 17.5” Armpit-to-Armpit: 21.0” Sleeve Length (shoulder): 25.75” Sleeve Length (armpit): 18.75” Pictures:
mmcoat1ws9.jpg
mmcoat2vg6.jpg
mmcoat3wh7.jpg
mmcoat4on7.jpg
mmcoat5ju9.jpg
mmcoat6na8.jpg
mmcoat7fh3.jpg
mmcoat8nb3.jpg
mmcoat9so5.jpg
mmcoat10ia9.jpg
mmcoat11vr8.jpg
mmcoat12ak3.jpg
mmcoat13sn6.jpg
mmcoat14eq9.jpg
mmcoat15xu2.jpg
mmcoat16zj4.jpg
mmcoat17nf1.jpg
mmcoat18nl9.jpg
mmcoat19vg0.jpg
mmcoat20lv7.jpg

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im interested
however i dont know if it will fit...
i weigh about 160 and i am a size 39-40
this is a 36 but the measurements seem fine if i dont really wear anything thick underneath?
idk you tell me
im 5 11 160

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
im interested
however i dont know if it will fit...
i weigh about 160 and i am a size 39-40
this is a 36 but the measurements seem fine if i dont really wear anything thick underneath?
idk you tell me
im 5 11 160

I am 5' 11" and around 145-150 lbs with a 37" chest. I have noticed that many Margiela items run a bit larger than their tagged size, which is definitely the case with this coat. I tried it on last night and could easily wear it with a sweater of medium thickness, so then, to check, I put on a thick hoodie over that and could still wear the coat, although it was just slightly tight in the shoulders. Given your size/measurements, I do believe that the coat should fit you; you might just not be able to layer a ton underneath it. If you have any more questions, let me know!

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Hey, didn't I sell you that coat? And isn't that my exact posting?
smile.gif

The coat does run quite large, and despite it's tagged size 36, it would be much better suited for someone your size. i believe it will fit you nicely.

And it's an incredible coat.

Dan

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Hey, didn't I sell you that coat? And isn't that my exact posting?
smile.gif

The coat does run quite large, and despite it's tagged size 36, it would be much better suited for someone your size. i believe it will fit you nicely.

And it's an incredible coat.

Dan

Haha, yes, it is the coat that you sold me. It's an awesome coat, but I just never ended up wearing it. It has been hanging out in my closet, so I'm sure that someone else would get more use out of it.

The listings are probably pretty similar; I took all the info right off the tags!
smile.gif

New pictures though!
tounge.gif

charlief1975

Reaction score
Very nice coat....I'm thinking about this...if my budget works out..will PM you.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
A bump for the weekend.

Price reduced to $300 shipped (US).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics