• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NWT David Chu suit, size 44R

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a great David Chu suit for sale. It's blue with a subtle purple stripe. Beautiful fabric. Side vents, notch lapel, two button. Double pleated pants with split rear waistband (Chu pants are quite nice). Half canvas. Size 44R. MSRP $1,295. I'm selling it for $350 shipped to the U.S. Canada or overseas will be an additional $35. SOLD Measurements Jacket: Shoulder 19.75", chest 46", waist 44", length from bottom of collar 31", sleeves unfinished (buttons included) Trousers: Waist 39", rise 12.5", inseam 36.5" unfinished, ankle 9.75" Sorry for the less than superb pictures. The first picture is closest to the real color.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya, Chu suits run pretty standard to true size, I am usually 56Euro , Chu 44R fits me pretty well ..........

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends, I would say 56euro is more like a large 44 to a slim 46, I am a in between size , more like 45 american (that's my BB golden fleece size) ......

PS. enough bump for this , that's see the photos already
smile.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because they are not full canvas, I'd rate them below the big names. But among the half canvas suits (Corneliani for Ralph Lauren is probably the biggest name) they are the best, in my opinion. Nice fabrics, the lapels are well done, great lapel roll. Pick stitching that looks good, not like a lot of suits in the same price range. The pants are very nice. I've never seen a sale suit in my size, in a color that works for me, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy if I did. I don't believe there are different lines, but the fabric does change the price. Pictures and measurements will be up in a minute.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
(anything better than my low-armholed jack victor, hugo boss, and emporio armani is superlative)

Yes, definitely a significant step up from those. Pics and measurements are up.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet purple stripe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads