• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NWT David Chu suit, 40R and 44L

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a great David Chu suit for sale. Blue with a subtle purple stripe. Beautiful fabric that makes me think of Brioni, even though the cut is different. Side vents, notch lapel, two button. Double pleated pants with split rear waistband (Chu pants are quite nice). Half canvas. Unfinished sleeves ready for your working buttonholes (unfortunately the buttons are missing).

SOLD OUT in all sizes

please note: pictures are of the suit in 44R, which is sold.

MCole

Reaction score
I'm interested in the 44L. I'll know for sure when you get the measurements, I'm right in between r and l in jacket length depending on the maker.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCole
I'm interested in the 44L. I'll know for sure when you get the measurements, I'm right in between r and l in jacket length depending on the maker.

I'm not sure what the standard addition in length is, going from a R to an L, but here were the measurements for the 44R which sold:
Jacket: Shoulder 19.75", chest 46", waist 44", length from bottom of collar 31", sleeves unfinished (buttons included)
Trousers: Waist 39", rise 12.5", inseam 36.5" unfinished, ankle 9.75"

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I'm not sure what the standard addition in length is, going from a R to an L, but here were the measurements for the 44R which sold:

I believe a David Chu long is 33" usually. His jackets are cut short generally.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You 44L guys are in luck. This suit is available again. One of my very good buyers decided that it just didn't work for him, so has asked me to help send it back out into the wilds of Styleforum. It's a fantastic suit, and he's a good guy, so you're buying from someone with the chorse stamp of approval, for whatever that's worth.

Measurements for the 44L are above. grimslade is right, the long measures 33" in the jacket. Get it while you can, this is a great deal on a versatile suit.

MCole

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Chorse. This was my first Chu suit and I am definitely impressed. I was worried that the stripe might be too loud but that is not the case, it is very subtle. This is a great deal on a very nice suit.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i am very extremely satisfied. love the cut. love the pants.

anyone need a suit for a wedding or interview? this is it, youre not going to be paying much less at macys or even mens wearhouse for a suit half the quality, believe me.

dont let seldom opportunities like this pass you up. (i should have got that few months ago when i had a chance)..

i sound so much like a shill for chorse..

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
price is not listed.. how much?
I believe the asking price is $350

soileauj

Reaction score
$350 is what I paid. Very nice suit. Should have it back tomorrow from the tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads