• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NWT $2270 Dior Homme suit

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand New, Never Altered
In Perfect 1st Qaulity Condition with All Tags
Made In Italy​
Size: 52R (EU), which roughly translates to 42R (US) . It runs small. So check the detailed measurements for fit.
Color: Light grey. Since the fabric is wool (87%) and lurex (13%) blend. Thus it give a silver metallic shine if you look closely (within a couple of feet). The last picture gives a guide to this metallic shine. It is awesome and extremely cool!
Condition: Brand New, Never altered in flawless first quality condition. The basting stitches for pockets are still there, as well as all the tags.
Material: 87%Wool and 13%Lurex (if you don't know what lurex is, see www.lurex.com for details). Light weight - all seasons. The color is nice for spring/summer/fall. A wonderful addition to one's fine wardrobe
Original retail price: $2,270 + tax @Saks Fifth Avenue
Acutual Measurements:
Jacket
  • Shoulder: 17.5" (Top of the shoulder across back seam to seam)
  • Chest: 42" (Measured under the arms x 2 while lying flat )
  • Length: 29.75" (Bottom of the collar to buttom of the jacket)
  • Sleeve: 26.5" (Top of the shoulder seam to the end of sleeve) (1.5" material tucked underneath)
  • Waist: 40" (Mesured on the 1st button x 2 while lying flat)
Pants
  • Waist: 36" (1.5" Extra Material)
  • Inseam: 37" Unhammed, Unfinished, Never altered
  • Front rise: 9.5"
  • Width of the bottom leg opening: 7.5"
Style Details:
Jacket
  • 3 button single breasted and peak lapel. Full floating canvass.
  • Slim cut
  • Single center vent
  • Pockets - 3 exterior (2 front besom pockets with flap and 1 chest welt pocket), 4 interior pockets (passport, side, pen, and glasses)
  • Fully lined
  • Finished sleeves with 4 buttons
Pants
  • Slim cut, relative high rise
  • 6 belt loops
  • Zip closure with extended tab fastened with 2 buttons and a matel hook
  • NO pleat
  • 2 side slanted pockets off the seam line and 2 rear buttoned pockets with flaps
  • Line to the knee

$750 Shipped CONUS.

img4431ym0.jpg

img4433hk5.jpg

img4434tt2.jpg

img4435sc2.jpg

img4436zv5.jpg

img4437ga0.jpg

img4438wl0.jpg

img4441cn4.jpg

img4442au7.jpg

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow! just as I was saying that I would have grabbed the other DH suit for sale on the forum if it only wasn't black - you posted this!!
bounce2.gif

I've got to check the measurements against my other suits at home (don't know them offhand) and I probably wouldn't be able to buy until next week (payday) anyway but if you wouldn't mind answering -

What's the season/year?

What was the sale price you purchased it for?

Considering the extra 1.4" of material, do you think the waist could be brought in to a size 32 without being a noticeable alternation?

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
wow! just as I was saying that I would have grabbed the other DH suit for sale on the forum if it only wasn't black - you posted this!!
bounce2.gif

I've got to check the measurements against my other suits at home (don't know them offhand) and I probably wouldn't be able to buy until next week (payday) anyway but if you wouldn't mind answering -

What's the season/year?

What was the sale price you purchased it for?

Considering the extra 1.4" of material, do you think the waist could be brought in to a size 32 without being a noticeable alternation?

it came to my local OFF fifth this year, so I would guess it is pretty recent.

As to my purchase price, I have to dig through my receipts to know the exact. I paid less than 750 for sure
smile.gif
, but not much less.

I really don't know the answer to your last question. Maybe some members here can help you with that.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
What's the season/year?

IIRC, I believe the tag markings beginning "6EH" signify spring/summer 2006.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads