• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: New Paul Stuart 100% cashmere sportcoat. 43/44/46

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a beautiful sportcoat. Burgundy and tan/caramel check with a hint of green, but you have to get very close to see the green. The first picture is probably the closest to the true color. Those with the flash are far too bright, but I thought they would be useful. Made in the USA of imported material. Jacket is fused, but fusing is light and the lapel roll is not bad. Someone guessed that these were made by Southwick. I don't know. I do know that it's a great fall/winter sportcoat. The colors here are really nice, and the cashmere is extremely soft. It has my favorite detailing for sportcoats: three open patch pockets, side vents. No lining except in sleeves, which are finished and non-functional. Not sure what purpose the piece of material inside at the side serves. Jacket is tagged 46R, but it measures much more like a 44R, maybe even a 43R. MSRP was over $1600 (the price tag was removed at the sale, so you'll have to trust me on this one). $125 shipped in the U.S. Add $15 for Canada. Overseas will be additional. SOLD pending payment Measurements: Shoulder 20" Chest 46" Waist 43" Length 30.5" Sleeve 24.5" with 1.5" up the sleeve. FYI, the pictures are of an identical jacket in 44L which is long gone.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Man. I can't believe this coat hasn't sold yet. Sorry for the plain bump, but this beautiful coat is still available.

J,

I am with you. If it was my size I would have snagged it up from you. Good luck
smile.gif

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to think you could get AT LEAST $125 for a NWT 100% cashmere PS sport coat on eBay.

Spudbunny

Reaction score
Just a bump to provide some feedback on this exchange.

All in all, very good indeed. Paypal took a while but the seller was quite patient, and shipping happened exactly when he said it would. The coat then arrived the next day and was as described, or rather not quiet as described. The seller said it was fused but in fact in is canvassed (I was able to feel up inside the front to confirm that, all without taking out a stitch). So the coat was better than the seller's description!

So buy at will from this seller.

Now if it would only down to 70 in DC so I can actually wear the coat.

laugh.gif
worship.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Chorse,

I am glad the jacket went to happy buyer. I am surprised it took this long to sell.

Chorse is a terrific seller, and always a pleasure to do business with
bigstar[1].gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spudbunny
Just a bump to provide some feedback on this exchange.

All in all, very good indeed. Paypal took a while but the seller was quite patient, and shipping happened exactly when he said it would. The coat then arrived the next day and was as described, or rather not quiet as described. The seller said it was fused but in fact in is canvassed (I was able to feel up inside the front to confirm that, all without taking out a stitch). So the coat was better than the seller's description!

So buy at will from this seller.

Now if it would only down to 70 in DC so I can actually wear the coat.

laugh.gif
worship.gif

Nice! I could have sworn that the chest piece was a little thicker than the sleeve because of a fused interfacing, but all that matters now is that you're happy with it. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by kali77
Chorse,

I am glad the jacket went to happy buyer. I am surprised it took this long to sell.

Chorse is a terrific seller, and always a pleasure to do business with
bigstar[1].gif

Thanks, kali. I was surprised it took so long to sell, but that could be due to lackluster pictures. Whatever. I got it for a good price and am just glad it has a SF home!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads