• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FS: NEW Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece (Martin Greenfield) Charcoal Check 2 Button Suit -- 38-40 Shor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
I have for sale a very nice, brand new Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece (Made in the USA by Martin Greenfield) Suit. The color is charcoal with a slight pattern and blue check. The close up photos show the color and pattern well. Size is about a 38 to 40 Short and it is a bit trimmer than the average Golden Fleece off the rack suit (see measurements below).

This is a custom made Golden Fleece suit by MG. Retail is well north of $1700+. It is an absolutely gorgeous suit, with great fabric and a great pattern. This is from the Brooks Brother clearance center, so the tags are marked accordingly. It is brand new with sleeves and hem unfinished.

The suit is 2 button and single vented. Ticket pocket, pick stitching, lots of hand work, hand sewn button holes, horn buttons, and a cool red and blue stripe custom lining. Of course fully canvassed. Incredible quality/feel fabric. Trousers are single pleated. Made by Martin Greenfield (not sure if Golden Fleece are still made him MG, but this one is).

This is suit is a custom job, and it is trimmer than the "typical" Golden Fleece suit (I've got two Golden Fleece suits, and they are certainly more fully cut). The arm holes are a bit higher, the padding in the shoulders is slightly less, and the arms are a bit narrower. Please see the measurements, as the waist of the jacket may need to be taken in, depending on your size.

I don't wear suits for work, and I have too many as it is, so this is for sale. My price is $299 shipped CONUS.

Measurements:

Jacket -

Chest: ~41 inches
Waist: ~39 inches
Shoulders: ~18.25 inches
Length (BoC): ~28 inches
Sleeves: ~23.5 inches (unfinished with at least 2 inches or more to let)

Trousers:

Waist: ~32 inches around
Front rise: ~11 inches
Leg opening: ~8.75 inches across

Photos:

Attachments

RichardC

Reaction score
Beautiful suit. Still available?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Carmina

Votes: 40 15.9%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 79 31.5%