• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FS: Martin Margiela Trench Coat

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
This Margiela Trench: http://www.yoox.com/item/MARTIN+MARG.../areaid/36/st/ in a size 46 (US36). The detailing on it is outstanding and so much better than any pictures could ever justify. The coat still has all tags attached and originally retailed for $1375. Looking for $350, shipping included anywhere in the US. If outside the US, we can work something out. Please PM me/reply with any questions, interest. Thanks, Dan

xcoldricex

Reaction score
how heavy/light is this coat? and how "loud" is it? there's that sheen to it, do the pictures portay the shine/color well?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
how heavy/light is this coat? and how "loud" is it? there's that sheen to it, do the pictures portay the shine/color well?

I'd say for a trench, it's actually fairly heavy. The coat probably weighs about 3 pounds or so...with the fabric being the equivalent of about an 11.5 oz or so denim (but brushed cotton obviously). I think the second pic of the cuff is a good representation of the color. It is mostly brown with the sheen being much subtler in person than in the pics (I think the flash brings it out a lot more). I wouldn't call the coat "loud" at all.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%