1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FS: Levi's selvage denim pieces for patching/repair

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by brozek, Oct 8, 2006.

1. brozek

brozek Senior Member

I happened across a pair of 38x30 redline selvage Levi's at a thrift store last weekend. "score!" I thought, until I saw that the bottom hems had been cut off with pinking shears I couldn't leave them there, but I thought it was unlikely that anyone would buy a pair of 38x26 jeans. Instead, I (painfully) cut the legs into 6"x8" selvage squares to use for patching and repairs. I've heard a lot about blown out crotches on Nudies and I'd rather not let the tailor patch my SSDs with whatever crappy Old Navy denim she uses for scraps.

I'm not a Levi's expert (and my wife threw away the leftover denim miniskirt), but I would guess these are 20-30 years old. They're a medium blue all over, without any whiskering or honeycombing, so I guess that means they were washed regularly from the outset.

I don't need all the pieces, though, and I'm sure there are others who would like a quality piece of redline denim to use or just keep on hand for repairs. So I'm selling the extras for $4 shipped - just paypal to [email protected] with a note saying the number of pieces you want. For references, I've sold a handful of things on this forum and the other SF (same username), and a number of thrift-store finds on ebay ("scrappyuno" is the account I share with my wife). Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. brozek

brozek Senior Member

About half of my pieces are gone, but there are a half-dozen or so left.