• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Lands' End necktie - only $10!*

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SLOD SOLD SDOL SODL SOLD! Up for grabs is this gorgeous, thick Lands' End necktie for only $10 shipped in the Americas, including Canada, and $15 shipped across either pond. It ties an amazing knot. This is a wonderful item that would be the cornerstone to any great tie collection. Money-back guarantee if you are not completely in awe of this tie.
dscn9412kr8.jpg
dscn9420mv5.jpg
dscn9417tp8.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countchocula8
what is the width of this tie at its widest?

Thanks for the question - it's 3 3/8" at its widest point...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Am, you've got good taste in ties. I like both your expensive ones and your inexpensive ones. If I didn't already own a million ties too many, I'd be tempted to snag this one.
Thank you! The nice thing about this tie is that if it had a Brioni or Canali or Drake or Breuer, etc. label on it, it could easily pass for any of those brands...
smile.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L.E. ties are of very good quality, and I always pick them up when I see them at low prices. The silks are usually nice and hefty. There are a lot of good designs, too. Anyone know who makes them?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie sold! Thank you all for looking...
thumbs-up.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
L.E. ties are of very good quality, and I always pick them up when I see them at low prices. The silks are usually nice and hefty. There are a lot of good designs, too. Anyone know who makes them?

Well that's a very good question... I'm not sure, but I do know that most ties made in the USA are made by either Superba (http://www.superbainc.com/prodlines.asp) or Randa (http://www.randacorp.com). However I didn't see Lands' End on either of these companies' brands list... does anyone know who makes Lands' End neckties?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to Brad Johnson, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Administrative Officer of Lands' End, "Our neck ties are one example of the old-world quality that we insist on. Others can mass produce neck ties at a rate of 150 ties per hour. It takes us ten times that long to make 150 ties because every tie we sell is hand sewn at a rate of only 15 per hour. But you'll feel better about our ties every time you put one on, because it hangs just right and makes you look great. These handsewn ties don't sell for 10 times the cost of a machine made - even thought it takes 10 times longer to make. This combination of great product... offered at prices that are sometimes unbelievable, is what adds up to a great value." http://www.secinfo.com/dXchn.71.htm

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i can totally tell a quality tie from a bad cloth pretending to be a tie now.

i can tell this is a quality tie.

i had bought a couple of 10 dollar ties from macys that i thought looked good. but when i tried to tie them, man, it is tought and the knot loosens too easily and does not dimple correctly and does not drape well.

it is just a piece of cloth folded up to look like a tie.
but this lands end tie i can tell is a great tie.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
but this lands end tie i can tell is a great tie.

Thank you, my friend! So my interest is piqued now too... I'm sure somebody here knows - does Lands' End make their own ties then? They definitely do seem to be a cut above other ties at the same price point...

AJB

Reaction score
Tie came yesterday - Looks wonderful. Thank you amerikajinda! - A wonderful job - fast shipping and great packing.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, kindly AJB - may you wear it in good health!!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads