• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: John Lobb Oakham Darby Towcester Vigo

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi All,

Popped in for my first visit since Easter... and can't you tell!

The locusts have stripped the shelves of most 8000 last stock.

Couple of pairs of Brooklands.. both looking a bit tired from over handling. a single pair of black Vales in 6.5

Generally a wasteland for 8000.

4-5 pairs of Jermyn II... all in black patent

So I settled on targeting 8.5/9 ... universal apology to everyone else.

Oakham 8.5EE 1306 last Pewter Museum Derby with lightweight sole
IMG_0092.jpg
[/IMG]
Darby 8.5 E 8695 last Antique Squirrel Wing Tip Derby Brogue. Can't accoont for the odd lines on the toe in this image as they aren't there in "real life".
IMG_0085.jpg

Towcester 9 E 7000 last Dark Brown Museum Cap Toe Oxford
IMG_0099.jpg
[/IMG]
Vigo 8.5 E Black 6000 last Black Buck loafer (which is black, not deep grey as the flash makes it!)
IMG_0105.jpg

The Darby is a discontinued model, the other three have "R" (won't use the word
tounge.gif
)

No ... I am not a charity ready to sell them for less than I paid for them
wow.gif
.... Yes, I will discount ebay fees if a sale is agreed.

The Towcester and the Oakham will probably list on Ebay at £299, the Darby will probably list at £289 and the Vigo will probably list at £165 but I am not precious about this. I am simply attempting to be transparent.

Regards,

Graham

jjgold

Reaction score
Does the 7000 run bigger than the 8695? Is the Keats on the 8695?
Can I have pics of the 9E?

thanks

jj

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjgold
Does the 7000 run bigger than the 8695? Is the Keats on the 8695?
Can I have pics of the 9E?

thanks

jj

Can't help with the 7000, but there's been lots of talk with the 7000 v. 8000 lasts, and I'm not sure what the Keats is on. However, I can say that I have a pair of Chapels on the 8000 last in 7.5E UK that fit just the slightest bit loose in the heel if I wear really thin socks, but perfectly if I have thicker socks. I also have a pair of Derans on the 8695 last in a 7.5E UK and those fit quite snug with thin socks and even feel a little narrow for me.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
>The locusts have stripped the shelves of most 8000 last stock.

That was me.

Were you in there today about 11am?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense but what exactly are you trying to do here? This is a Buying & Selling forum. Are you selling these shoes? If so, what is the price please? Are you merely trying to generate interest/traffic for shoes that you will auction on eBay? What's with the probable prices? Is this some kind of blind auction?
confused.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just asking you what the purpose of your post is. Are you asking people to PM or email you if they're interested in the shoes, in which case you will tell them what your asking price is? Or are you advertising in advance shoes that will auction on eBay in the future?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He broke $$$ down in the 1st post. Did you catch that ?
plain.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last batch of C&J were a blind auction with minimum price of 145 GBP. I am guessing it's the same here or maybe first come first serve at the above prices
confused.gif

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm just asking you what the purpose of your post is. Are you asking people to PM or email you if they're interested in the shoes, in which case you will tell them what your asking price is? Or are you advertising in advance shoes that will auction on eBay in the future?

confuses me too, I think the probable prices are the lowest prices he will accept if there is not a lot interests, or if he receives enough PMs regarding a specific pair, he will prob. selling them to the highest offer, just my guess. But none of them my size, so me need not worry
tounge.gif

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Yes, that's about spot on!

I'm posting ahead of a likely ebay listing on Thursday.

I'm indicating my likely ebay starting prices.

I'm giving SF members a preview of what is to be listed.

I'm offering the shoes at, above, even below my ebay starting prices. Effectively giving SF members first pick, if you like, saving all the tedious 10 day auction process and including a discount that accounts for ebay fees I wouldn't have to pay.

As for the matter of a blind auction. I've tried to ascertain if they are banned, frowned upon or permitted on SF. (Thank you, for PM's on the subject)

If I effectively create a blind auction by inviting offers, I will simply choose to accept or decline the highest offer. These would be the only offers made with no raises or communication between me and bidders to raise bids as that would be corrupt and I would expect to be thrown off the site.

If such a practice is not allowed, please let me know.

Sorry for any confusion.

Regards,

Graham

Neo1824

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the EE width for John Lobb compares to an E or F width for C&J? Is it close to the F or wider?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads