• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Hickey Freeman sportcoat in Loro Piana "coarsehair" - 38/39

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love this sportcoat, but I'm trying to consolidate my wardrobe, editing out things I don't wear enough. This one is just too big for me. It's a size 39R, and I'm really a 38. It pains me to get rid of the thing, as it is one of the coolest coats I've seen. Hickey Freeman full canvas, partial lining, three open patch pockets and side vents. Made from 90% cashmere, 10% goat hair fabric, which I'm 99% certain is Loro Piana coarsehair. The model is "sport look" Original price was $1595, quite a premium over what HF usually charges for coats. SOLD

Shoulder 18.5"
Chest 42"
Waist 39.5"
Length from bottom of collar 30.5"
Sleeve 24.5"

The jacket has never been altered. It has probably been worn between 12 or 18 times.

DSC09856.jpg

DSC09855.jpg

DSC09854.jpg

Here is an older image of the whole thing:

Here is me in the jacket, from the Kent Wang blue contest. The fit is really not all that bad, but that's a thick, loose sweater.
DSC09413.jpg

I also am selling these two jackets:

David Chu 100% lambswool 38 Regular. 3 roll 2. Side vents. Hacking and ticket pocket. Removable throat latch. Orange undercollar. Nice soft shoulder. Half canvas, I believe. I like this jacket a lot but just haven't worn it enough to justify the closet space. Morgan Hacking model. Shoulder 18", Chest 40.5" Waist 38" Sleeve 25" Length from bottom of collar 30" I bought all new horn buttons from Tender Buttons and had Cardelino put in three working buttonholes on the sleeves. Worn half a dozen times. Retail price of $1000. SOLD

Hickey Freeman tweed 38 Regular. Barrett model. 3 roll 2. Center vent. Nice scratchy tweed. Colors are brown, purple, orange, and green on a light brown base. Shoulder 18.5", Chest 41" Waist 38.75" Sleeve 24.5", length from bottom of collar 30.25" If the fit was a little better for me, I'd probably be keeping this, as it's great as fall outerwear. Worn somewhere between 6 and 12 times. Retail price of around $1000. $175 Now only $150

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Hickey Freeman coarsehair jacket is sold pending payment.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads