1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

FS: HELMUT LANG 2-button Khaki Cotton Suit 36/46

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Parker, May 6, 2006.

1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Great suit (wish it were my size)! An excellent example of Pre-Prada Helmut Lang. As such, the quality is considerably better than more recent suits. Good luck selling it!

Although, just from my experience, I think that $275 might be a great buy-it-now price, but might be a little high for an opening bid. After all, Prada bought Lang in 1999, so the suit looks to be at least 7 years old. Please don't read that as an admonishment, because honestly $275 is still a pretty fair deal for the suit. But, I've found from experience that Lang suits can be a difficult sell, since Lang's biggest buyers are generally young and buy many more tshirts, jeans, sneakers, and hoodies than suits.

As such, if you had an opening bid of around $125-150, you would probably receive bids up to $225-$250 or so. Of course, it is always impossible to tell and as such you might get bids up to $500... but if it doesn't sell the first time around, this would be my recommendation (having sold a number of Lang items over the past couple of years, the suits of which always sold for less than the tshirts, oddly enough).

John