• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Glorious Scottish tweed check raglan overcoat 40, 42 R or L

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This Scottish Tweed overcoat is very much an Apparel Arts homage to a glorious age. This coat reminds me of my avatar. It's as if I borrowed the coat from the man in my avatar, and now he is not wearing an overcoat!. Price reduced to$75 shipped CONUS OBO. AlanC just sold a similar Tweed overcoat here on SF. Of course I think mine is nicer
laugh.gif
. But this Tweed overcoat is special.
duketopcoatcopy6we.jpg
Here is my beautiful similar Scottish Tweed overcoat. Needless to say it is absolutely flawless with no issues: A truly beautiful Gimble Glough Tweed pictured here(true to color)
WednesdayPics033.jpg
WednesdayPics030.jpg
According to Tutee in his London Lounge essay. Quote: From Fall of 1936 about Raglan sleeved tweed Topcoat He simply saw the original garment in the window of a retail store in Edinburgh, like it and went inside and bought it. The Prince first wore the coat in London a year ago and others were not slow in taking up this fashion. The coat was originally made up in llama type fabric and it is a short, loose fitting raglan sleeved single breasted fly-front topcoat with a blunt, stubby peak lapel (Quote) The coat offered here differs in some ways. There is no fly front and the collar is balmacaan style rather than having peak lapels. Other than that it is very similar. I'm asking $99 for this Scttish Tweed overcoat that's for sale. That's shipped in a Priority mail flat rate box, CONUS, Paypal please. This is a real value for a piece like this. There is no tagged size. I believe it would likely work for a size 40, 42 R or L. Check my measurements to see if it works for you. Chest, underarm to underarm: ~23.5" Interior sleeve measurement (from pit to bottom): 15.5" Length from bottom of collar: 44.5" As it has raglan sleeves there is no defineable shoulder area or exterior sleeve measurement from the non-existent shoulder. I can provide any other measurements on request. More pictures: Taped seams on the interior beautifully done:
WednesdayPics034.jpg
A truly beautiful Gimble Glough Tweed pictured here(true to color)
WednesdayPics033.jpg
Beautiful and perfect 1/2 lining
WednesdayPics040.jpg
Look at the hand work, and quality of button holes and buttons
WednesdayPics039.jpg
WednesdayPics036.jpg
WednesdayPics037.jpg
Nicely done slash pockets:
WednesdayPics035.jpg
Here is link to AlanCs sold Tweed overcoat. The Crombie overcoat that is for sale can be found in my sig below.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably the best sleeve measurement in this case is shirt sleeve style - from the middle of the back of the neck to the hem.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
probably the best sleeve measurement in this case is shirt sleeve style - from the middle of the back of the neck to the hem.

Thanks NaVaguy,
That measurement is 34.5"

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Price reduced to $90 for this week.

This is a really nice Scottish Tweed. Truly a classic Apparel arts type coat.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Price reduced to $75 delivered CONUS OBO!

This is a beautiful classic apparel arts era Scottish Tweed overcoat. Take a look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads