• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Engineered Garments Wool Herringbone Engineer's Jacket (size large)

fogg

Reaction score
This jacket is the wool, black and charcoal herringbone version of the popular Engineered Garments engineer's jacket. In this colorway it looks very similiar to the very popular Bedford jacket from this winter's collection. It's the same colorway, and the only differences on the outside (to my eye) is the difference in collars and that the Bedford has both left and right breast pockets while this jacket only has a left breast pocket. Anyways, the jacket is beautifully made and has a great cut. You can see this especially at the back with the belting and the detail vertically at each shoulder. Its made of thick and very warm 100% wool and is full of the attention to detail that Engineered Garments is so well known for. There are 3 exterior pockets as well as 2 interior, as well as buttons at the cuff. It's a size large and measures about 20.5" across at the armpits (unstretched) and about 29" in length from the shoulder to the bottom. It's a fantastic coat, but it doesn't really fit with the rest of my wardrobe so I've hardly worn it. I've only worn it twice since I got it, so its still in flawless condition. I'm looking to get back close to what I paid for it, so I'm asking $300 shipped within North America. I'd also be willing to listen to trades for other Engineered Garments coats (the Monty, especially), the grey Engineered Garments hoody from the winter line, Spruce or Loopwheeler hoodies (or shawl collar sweaters) or Visvim shoes. Pictures:
HPIM0192.jpg
HPIM0195.jpg
HPIM0194.jpg
HPIM0196.jpg
HPIM0198.jpg

fogg

Reaction score
This image shows what I mean about the shoulder detailing. Its from a picture of a different version of this coat, so it shows up better:
eg_jk_13all.jpg

Tiyo

Reaction score
man i wish this is the small size!!

fogg

Reaction score
Well, it fits pretty much like a medium (I wear a medium in pretty much everything) but it is definetly not a small, unfortunately.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice, free bump

fogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, LA Guy!

fogg

Reaction score
I don't have any big mirrors in my place, so I took these pictures in my friend's bigger bathroom mirror. Any marks in the picture are from the mirror and not the jacket. Sorry for the mediocre quality!
HPIM0213.jpg
HPIM0212.jpg

fogg

Reaction score
Bump again. I'd also listen to trades for japanese dry denim in 33-34w (Samurai, especially) and Band of Outsiders shirts.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka