1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

FS: cool leather jackets

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by justlurkingthanks, Oct 9, 2006.

1. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Nice finds - I'm about 80% sure that first one is a Vanson model A though it looks like horsehide. Not sure if Vanson used horsehide. All details match my AZ though. If there is a 46-48 around in need of a seriously badass jacket, I hope he's watching.

3. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

That first motorcycle jacket is awesome, unfortunely I'm a 42.

J, I'm not familiar with the brand you mentioned. Any idea on where a similar jacket could be found?

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

That first motorcycle jacket is awesome, unfortunely I'm a 42.

J, I'm not familiar with the brand you mentioned. Any idea on where a similar jacket could be found?

http://vansonleathers.com/product_pa...ar_model_a.htm

5. justlurkingthanks

justlurkingthanks Senior member

Thanks for the info, J. Interesting story about how I found it. My wife and I were on the way to see a horse in a rural county and we stopped at an antiques/junque store in a town. This jacket was on the back of a chair in the stairway. It was painted with dust and I used saddle soap and then mink oil to clean and treat. This amazing patina came out of it. It is a beauty and I am not sure of the leather. It does have a feel of horsehide but steerhide can have the same smooth, stiff quality.

I forgot to mention this Baracuta-style jacket. I think this is better quality than Baracutas, though.

6. Dan G

Dan G Senior member