• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: CLOAK Dessert Boots Sze 42 280+shipping

manifest v

Reaction score
BRAND NEW NEVER WORN Cloak Dessert boots. Retail price was ~700 but obtained through sale, I bought these suckers especially to sell to someone at the sf forums. I haven't even tried them on because they're not my size.

Size (42 runs large) cloak dessert boots. Black leather upper and suede bottom. Same price as glamroot's shipped in the U.S. and 280+shipping to other countries OBO. PM me your email adresses.

I'm looking to take offers so that I can ship them as soon as this upcoming Monday/Saturday. I also have NO EXPERIENCE WITH SHIPPING OUT OF THE STATES. I'm open to the idea but only once I've learned everything. Right now I'm researching rates and possible problems with shipping to Australia and the U.K. If you want these boots and you're in another country, please tell me ahead of time your offer and country I need to ship it to.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few suggestions...

They look like neat boots, but it's hard to tell from your pics. Could you take some better pics or at least orient them properly? I have to turn my head sideways to look at them and that's not very fun.

Plus, the second pic is virtually indistinguishable and blurry.

Third, are they "desert" boots or boots meant to be worn after dinner during the ice-cream course?

Finally, what about measurements? Where are they made?

I'm not trying to be glib (okay, maybe just a bit), but they look like nice boots and I think a potential buyer would really need a little more clarity and such before dropping $280 for them.

John

high_contrast

Reaction score
rach2jlc,

They are Cloak's S/S'06 Desert Boots.

They run big 2 sizes. They are made in Italy, manufactured by Buttero.

They retailed at $625 and recently went on sale at 60% off. $280 for these is a steal if you don't have access to any stores that have them. He is doing people a favor.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info.

I wasn't really trying to sound snide there (well, I was trying to be cute about the "ice cream" comment
smile.gif
), but I know from experience that a good listing will sell much faster... and it only takes an extra sec to orient the pics and provide that info.

John

manifest v

Reaction score
Okay update on shipping, I will be sending it through EMS USPS. It's the simplest way for me and seems straightforward for most countries.

Now I'm approximating that these shoes would be around 4 pounds (total with box and everything.

Shipping to Australia and the UK will be $40

Shipping to Canada will be $25

and ditto to running big. MUCHOS GRACIAS high_contrast.

I posted these kinda fast and just wanted to get the news out as fast as I could because I'm seriously busy with other stuff. Anyways, um... advice noted and for the meantime here are pics of same style shoes from a superfuture thread:
http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...t=cloak+sizing
IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg
[/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads