• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FS: $995 NWT Corneliani 40-42 sportsjacket

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,927
Reaction score
3,512
Very nice 100% wool "Vogue" model Corneliani 2 button, side vents sportsjacket. Grey and brown plaid, flap pockets, fully lined. Perfect pattern matching on the back seam. Fabric has a great hand and drape. $275 shipped USA
Shoulders are 18 3/8
Jacket length 31 1/4
Chest 42-43
Sleeves 25 inches from shoulder seam.
Brand new Polo tie in pic available for $25
New linen pocket square $20 (pink w/white and cream w/pink)



 

william

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
1
What about the blue pocket square pictured? Is it for sale? You described the other two as being pink/cream/white.
 

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Moderator
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
607
very nice sharp plaid that is much nicer than any of the three or four that I have (but yet to wear).
 

Roger

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
6
Very nice, Ed. Jeez, glen check is wonderful, isn't it! Are you sure about the measurements? The chest measurement seems just a hair small, and the length measurement seems way out for an R. Did you measure the length from the top of the collar by any chance? Length is usually measured from the collar seam (bottom of the collar) to the hem, and you'd expect something on the order of 30.5" to maybe 31.5" at most for an R.
 

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,927
Reaction score
3,512
Originally Posted by Roger
Very nice, Ed. Jeez, glen check is wonderful, isn't it! Are you sure about the measurements? The chest measurement seems just a hair small, and the length measurement seems way out for an R. Did you measure the length from the top of the collar by any chance? Length is usually measured from the collar seam (bottom of the collar) to the hem, and you'd expect something on the order of 30.5" to maybe 31.5" at most for an R.

Roger, thanks a lot. The length was a typo, its 31 1/4 The chest I always find the hardest to measure but I'd say its a 42-43 or so. The size tagged is a 50 R.
 

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,927
Reaction score
3,512
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
What about the blue pocket square pictured? Is it for sale? You described the other two as being pink/cream/white.

I had three and they sold. If you or anyone else is interested in the blue, let me know and I'll get some more
 

william

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by edmorel
I had three and they sold. If you or anyone else is interested in the blue, let me know and I'll get some more

Please do. I'm looking for linen pocket squares in solid white, white tipped w/ blue, solid blue, solid pink. I also like patterened linen ps as well. I have some white linen BB handkerchiefs but I find them too large for use as a ps.
 

thinman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,926
Reaction score
43
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
Please do. I'm looking for linen pocket squares in solid white, white tipped w/ blue, solid blue, solid pink. I also like patterened linen ps as well. I have some white linen BB handkerchiefs but I find them too large for use as a ps.
If Ed can't help, check out Jonathan Fischer's website: http://www.fourinhand.com/catalog.asp?dept=1080 Great service and he offers 12" x 12" squares that are a nicer size than the BB linen squares, IMO. Ed: If you ever find one of these in a Euro 50L, you have a customer. The 2B Vogue or Spencer models with side vents are great!
 

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,927
Reaction score
3,512
Lowered the price on the jacket to $275, if it does not sell today it will become a relative's belated birthday present. Remaining linen squares down to $20 (pink w/white and cream w/pink) and $15 (brown paisley and peach paisley below)


Also want to get rid of this new Altea tie for $19

 

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Moderator
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
6,709
Reaction score
607
that's a nice combo: jacket/shirt/tie/pocket square. Must try that sometime, except I don't have a comparable shirt - the stripey blue that I have is quite a dark blue...don't think that'd work as well.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 54 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,248
Messages
9,231,306
Members
193,771
Latest member
Shelcey
Top