• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 5EP Straight Resin One Wash Japanese Selvage 32x32 NWT

Lysol

Reaction score
Here is a pair of quite possibly the best pair of jeans that I have personally laid my hands on. Straight legged, indigo dyed, resin washed, Japanese selvege denim, designed in NYC, made in Japan.

I bought these a few months ago and after trying them on a few times, I've had to come to the harsh realization that they just don't fit me right. Aside from trying these on in my apartment, they have never been worn. They still have the original tags attached.

These were $275 brand new. Asking for $190 shipped in the US (outside of the US we can discuss a shipping price).

Waist and inseam are labeled and actual 32". 11" rise.

My eBay id is "swizzle0721" so you can check out my feedback.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks.

5ep2.jpg

5ep1.jpg

5ep3.jpg

5ep4.jpg

5ep5.jpg

5ep6.jpg

Lysol

Reaction score
price is now $175 shipped. last call before ebay.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are very nice jeans. AFAIK, there is no domestic company that beats 5EP in workmanship and trims or denim quality. They will fit a true 33" or 34" waist though. 5EPs run large.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
These are very nice jeans. AFAIK, there is no domestic company that beats 5EP in workmanship and trims or denim quality. They will fit a true 33" or 34" waist though. 5EPs run large.

I'm not so sure about that, the straight down zips run pretty close to true to size in my experience... bootcuts are a bit more generous.

calatrava

Reaction score
they also fade amazinly well from the pictures that i have seen. the construction and hardware are very good, with the ecru-less selvage as well.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of 33" in bootcut and they are clearly the best jeans I've ever worn, but too big for me - they easily measure 35". Can we get a size verification on these? I'm starting to think 5ep will go out of business without me ever owning a pair that fit me right.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way 5EPs run true to size. I have more than one pair, both models, in various washes (resin and raw) and they definitely run about 2 inches large. Drizzt, I remember that you sized down in your 5EPs, to a size 34? Maybe that's why you think they run true to size. From your pictures, and knowing your height from previous posts, I would run you at a 36-38 true waist.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No way 5EPs run true to size. I have more than one pair, both models, in various washes (resin and raw) and they definitely run about 2 inches large. Drizzt, I remember that you sized down in your 5EPs, to a size 34? Maybe that's why you think they run true to size. From your pictures, and knowing your height from previous posts, I would run you at a 36-38 true waist.
I have 5EP Bootcuts in 34 which fit well, but my 5EP straights are 36 and fairly slim fitting... I did buy them in 34 but I sold them because they were too small.

Lysol

Reaction score
well, they're a labeled 32 waist and the waist measures exactly 16" across so for all intents and purposes they do run true to size...however, i am a true 32 waist and i wish i had sized down a size or two because the way they're cut, they fit a bit looser in the thighs than what i prefer. i guess it really depends on how you like to wear your jeans that you would have to size up / down / or your normal waist.

going through the process of trying to sell these, i've had rigorously inspect them to answer questions and man, these things are beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads