• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 5 nice jackets for spring, ast'd sizes, low prices, many pics

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up for sale I have four nice jackets that would be perfect for the approaching warmer weather. They are of various sizes, please see the pics and discriptions below. I know the tie and shirt do not compliment some of the jackets, but it's just what happened to be on my apparel form at the time. Shipping will be $8 per coat within the US. I will ship internationally, just contact me. First up is a recent Southwick, tagged 46R. The fabric content is not marked, but it is wool with the possible inclusion of either silk or linen; maybe both. The color is a textured shade of tan, with a really nice burnt orange windowpane. Two buttons, nice striped sleeve lining as shown in the photos. Measures 25" underarm to underarm, 20.6" shoulders, 32" length, sleeves measure about 23.5" and feel like they could be lengthened another 1.75" or so. Jacket is in mint condition with no identifiable flaws, and fabric is soft and supple. Made in USA. $40.
SouthwickCoat1.jpg
SouthwickCoat2.jpg
SouthwickCoat3.jpg
SouthwickCoat4.jpg
SouthwickCoat6.jpg
SouthwickCoat5.jpg
Next is a (Pincord? Seersucker?) casual J. Crew jacket, size M which seems to be about a 40. Brown/white striped cotton fabric, 3-button front, patch pockets, working sleeve buttons, unlined and unstructured. Really a nice casual item, but just a little big on me and has only been worn once. Measures 21.5" from underarm to underarm, 31" length, 18.25" shoulder, 26" sleeve. $30.
JCrewCoat1.jpg
JCrewCoat2.jpg
JCrewCoat3.jpg
JCrewCoat4.jpg
JCrewCoat5.jpg
Next is a NWT $495 HSM 55% silk/45% wool sport coat in a golden tan color. This is one of the nicest HSM pieces I have seen - a high-stance 2B model with fairly lightly structured shoulders. Measures 22" chest, 18.5" shoulder, 25.25" sleeve, 31" length. Made in USA. $70. Brand new with tags.
HSMJacket1.jpg
HSMJacket2.jpg
HSMJacket3.jpg
HSMJacket4.jpg
HSMJacket5.jpg
Last is a nice Brooks Brothers coat on which the size/materials tag has been clipped but seems to be a 42R and some combination of wool/silk/linen. The color is beige with a cream, sky blue, and sapphire blue windowpane. 2B, flap pockets. Excellent condition, no identifiable flaws or major signs of wear - fabric is in excellent shape. Measures about 23" underarm to underarm, 19.25" shoulder, 31" length, 24.25" sleeve with what feels like 1.75" to let out. $35.
BBTanWindowpane1.jpg
BBTanWindowpane2.jpg
BBTanWindowpane3.jpg
BBTanWindowpane5.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
nice tie, fs? heh

thanks, that tie is actually from The Custom Shop in NYC.

everything I own is basically on sale all the time, however, I use that tie in all my apparel form pics, so I'm going to have to keep it this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads