• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 4 Zileri suits, 1 sartoriale jacket, 3 Corneliani topcoats, all full canvas

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I have for sale the following items

1. NWOT PAL ZILERI 100% wool cream suit, patch pockets EUR 50 ( 39R or 40R slim)

This is a beautiful suit, new without tags, never worn, is cut slim for a 50 so it could be considered as a 49 ( 39R )
    ith has patch pockets and is made with 100% light wool, the wool is woven like linen, looks like linen, but is wool and doesn't wrinkle
    there is a very little blemish on the left sleeve, but is very difficult to see, looks like one of those imperfections on the linen fabric, but if you look carefully it is there.

for that reason this new without tags suit is for sale at only $170 plus shipping ! ( the label is still there stating the original price of 835 EUR, around $1100 )

the trousers were hemmed to 31" but there is room to go up to 34"

cream.jpg

2. As New Pal Zileri sartoriale glen plaid jacket EUR 48 ( 38R )

90% wool, 10% cashmere
    full canvas construction and hand detailing
    camel with black glen plaid and red overcheck
    The jacket had the sleeves done, was worn for an afternoon ( 4 hours ).
    I think the jacket is too loud for my taste, but it is a wonderful jacket
    here is a picture
    PZSJ.jpg

here is how it looks with navy trousers and white shirt
    saxony2.jpg

$ 180 + shipping

3. SOLD - NWT 100% SILK suit 38R EUR48 PAL ZILERI WHITEL LABEL NWT

4. NWT suit by Pal Zileri Abito Privato, ( silver label ) exclusive MTM line by Pal Zileri

The suit is blue, made with 100% wool by Lanificio Filli Cerrutti 1881. it is a 100% wool suit with sheen, for that gala or clubbing, or for the dandy in you. This is a luxury suit, canvas construction

For sale for $350 + shipping

abitoprivato.jpg

5. NWOT Borromeo suit, full canvas construction, super 120's wool by Guabello, navy with light blue pinstripes.

Size EUR 50 ( 40R ), 3 buttons, 2 vents, trousers with one pleat

Measurements

Shoulders 19 1/2 "
    Chest 22"
    Waist 20 1/2"
    Sleeves 25 1/4"
    Jacket full lenght 32" ( 31" from seam under collar)

Trousers waist 35"
    Trousers hemmed to 31 1/2" ( can go down to 36" )

It is Made in Italy by the Gruppo Forall, makers of Pal Zileri.

$300 plus shipping

Borromeo.jpg

[*]NWT Corneliani GRANT overcoat dark brown herringbone EUR 50 ( 40R )

100% wool
    patch pockets

cornelianiTCB.jpg

Half lined

$ 250 + shipping

[*]NWT Corneliani GRANT overcoat light brown houndstooth EUR 50 (40R) and EUR 48 ( 38R)

82% wool 10% angora 8% cashmere

$ 250 + shipping

cornelianiTCLB.jpg

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi -

Do you ever get larger sizes? like 44?
The Zilri stuff you sell are nice, but it seems they are always small sizes.

thanks

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get you suits in EUR 54 ( US 44R )

Those sizes are less common in Europe so it is far easier to find more "mainstream" suits as navy or charcoal in bigger sizes here, prices would oscilate between $300-$400 shipped to the US

I only shop for me here ( I am a 38R ) and when I see something nice I buy it. Sometimes I buy a 40R ( like those you see above ) and if it doesn't fit me well or I change my mind back home, I try to sell them here, still new with tags or sometimes "new without tags" that means that I removed the tags and hemmed the trousers but really never worn it because it didn't fit me well.

I could get you suits on that size, for example the last time I saw there was a charcoal gray with ticket pocket in size 54.. I noticed it because i was searching one for me and there was only one left in that size.

But I am not a dealer or merchant, so I don't have an stock. I have access to a chain of italian outlet stores that carry discounted Zileris (mostly), Cornelianis and Isaias, but also Guccis and D&Gs... As I know well the owners (I have bought a ton of suits from them
wink.gif
) they make me an special price.

If you want a 54 , ore somebody else in another big size ( they have incredible items in 54 to 60 sizes ( 44R to 50R) )

you could pay in advance or we could use a much more complex method:

I could go there and check out what is left then come back and post pictures and then get payment then come back to the shops and buy the items if they are still there... As this are closeouts stores they don't accept reservations or refunds so that are the complexities of it.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a bad idea, I sent you a pm with what I am looking for

thanks

CBDB

Reaction score
I have the same request as above in a EU52/US42R especially in the Saroriale line. Do you see any mainstreem blue suits?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The snow is here at last !! I'm so glad, I will be able to go skiing this weekend
smile.gif

I'll check out the shop early tomorrow... I'll keep you posted of what I find

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll go and look for Isaias and Sartoriales but those normally cost more ( in the $400-$600 range)

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The silk suit is sold, the cream suit is on hold...

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Allan,

the suit is on its way to New Hyde Park !

a beautiful Cerrutti superissimo 120's 3 pieces in navy

navy54.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know they do it all the time and translate EUR54 as 44R US but I am standard 44RUSA/UK and usually I take a 58R if the suit is a 3 button job and 56R if its 2 button job. I think unless your are athletically very slim that it is dangerous to think a EUR54R is the same as UK/USA44R IMHO

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
I know they do it all the time and translate EUR54 as 44R US but I am standard 44RUSA/UK and usually I take a 58R if the suit is a 3 button job and 56R if its 2 button job. I think unless your are athletically very slim that it is dangerous to think a EUR54R is the same as UK/USA44R IMHO

Subtracting 10 from the Euro size to get US sizing is only an approximate conversion from metric to English. Really, you should multiply the Euro size by 0.7874. This makes a Euro 54 a US "42.5" and a Euro 56 the same as a US 44. For those of us who aren't idiot savants, subtracting 10 is a decent shortcut, but it doesn't work at all for larger sizes.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lakewolf, did you happen to see if they had any larger sizes in that dark brown herringbone Corneliani overcoat? That is NICE as is the price. I would be looking for a EU58 most likely.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
lakewolf, did you happen to see if they had any larger sizes in that dark brown herringbone Corneliani overcoat? That is NICE as is the price. I would be looking for a EU58 most likely.

Hello,

Sorry but no, those were the the Items I could get.

I saw several overcoats 58 to 60 in wool/cash black and blue, for around $400

But now I am far away on holidays in South America.

By the way the brown herringbone didn't sell so I brought it here and had a tailor to refit it for me... now is a 38R

The only one left in Geneva is the houndstooth in EUR 50 or 40R or more precisely 39.37 R as noted before...

This houndstooth I can sell when I am back home on 4th march

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads