• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 39R (or 38R) Brooks Bros Charcoal Chalkstripe Suit

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**EDIT: Price lowered to $80 shipped in the US**

Hey guys,

I'll post pics later but I just wanted to judge interest first.

I have for sale a mint condition sz 39R (could also work for 38R, possibly a slim 40R), check measurements) Brooks Bros 3-season wool suit, dark charcoal with gray chalkstripe. 3-button rolled to the second. Higher gorge, standard lapel, single vent, flat front pants w/ buttons for braces. Made in US. This is from the regular line, not the 346 line.

Measurements are:

Chest: 41"
Length: 31.5"
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeves: 25.25"

Inseam: 32.5" with about 3" to let out or make cuffs with
Waist: 35", fully let out

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow, not sure of price, I was thinking around $100 as it's in mint condition.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are pictures as promised. Sorry for the random spots of light in the pics - they are not present in real life. Also, the lapel is rolling a bit funny, it just needs a light steaming to get it back in place. Price is $95 shipped in the US, or make me an offer.
BBSuitFront.jpg
BBSuitTop.jpg
On this sample of the fabric, the pink is not really there:
BBSuitFabric.jpg
bbsuitpants.jpg
BBSuitTag.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice but too large for me. Good luck!

Bump!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Nice but too large for me. Good luck!

Bump!

Thanks, yeah, it is a nice suit. The lapel got a little folded because it was too tightly hung in my closet (I have too many clothes, as 99% of this board can probably say as well) but when it gets steamed and rolls down to the 2nd button it looks really sharp. The fabric also has a real nice hand to it.

raley

Reaction score
I want to buy this. I don't really have a use for it though. I'll sleep on it.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price reduced again. I can't go much lower. This is a real fair price for a really sharp suit. I can picture it with a nice spread collar pink shirt and subtle patterned tie. I'm not lying when I say it's in mint condition. I'll give it a few more days and probably keep it then, because its in my size. Just PM me.

solzhenitsyn

Reaction score
If the pants were closer to 30" in the waist I would be interested.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
^^ You can get them tailored for under $10

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads