• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 38R Navy Blue Sportcoat, with ticket pocket!

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Not to interfere with your post, but I think $100 is extremely steep for a coat of this nature. You can get used Zegna / Canali, etc. full suits on e-bay and quite frequently on this forum for less than $150. $100 for a used Sears jacket is quite alot. You can find brand new suits at Sears for that price.

Popsandfriends

Reaction score
It might be, this is an older suit though, and the logo doesnt look the same as the SEARS american logo. I'd have to do a little more reasearch, but this coat is top notch!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Is it perhaps Sears the Italian label and not Sears the American department store (not sure they can still be called that).

"Sears the Italian label!!!???"

Are they a division of that fabulous English Bespoke Suit maker, "Claiborne"?

Or perhaps a part of the "Structure" conglomerate?

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Not to interfere with your post, but I think $100 is extremely steep for a coat of this nature. You can get used Zegna / Canali, etc. full suits on e-bay and quite frequently on this forum for less than $150. $100 for a used Sears jacket is quite alot. You can find brand new suits at Sears for that price.

Yeah, given that the seller's other thread is trying to sell a used licensed-era Christian Dior Monsieur suit for $150 (I'd consider myself lucky to get maybe ~$25 on eBay for one) and market some random mass-market suit as comparable to Brioni, I'm not inclined to take the optimist's path and treat this jacket as some rare vintage gem. I totally don't like seeing people crap on buying/selling threads, much less doing it myself, nor do I imagine there being any intentional attempts at deception going on, but, seriously, I don't think everyone here is asking too much in hoping these sales threads are at least somewhat in touch with reality.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Only the finest imported polyester.

Used only in Bespoke Claiborne, not the RTW!

Remember, Claiborne is a huge conglomerate and they have access to the world's very finest Polyester! Little guys like Brioni, and Oxxford can't get that kind of Polyester. It is rumored that Kiton has some in their vaults , but it's only for k-50 suits!

Back to reality. Popsandfriends, your prices are absurd! Of course this is America and you are free to post whatever you want(within the posted rules), and to ask whatever price you want. And I guess caveat emptor would apply, as in any internet transaction.

But here's the point. SF is a great bunch with a collegial rapport. At least I feel that way. I really like some of the people on SF(yes and AAAC too), and I care about them.

When you posted your stuff for sale, I thought it was a joke at first. Then you said some items were sold. Anyone that would pay $100 or more for a dated CD suit or Sears coat is either a Mullet, a very newbie to sartorial interests or both.

And in either case I hate to see someone overpay out of ignorance or stupidity, (which are different), on this forum! It sort of ruins the spirit and collegial feel.

Ebay is a much more logical venue for your products and prices. It might be difficult to get your price, but crazy things happen on Ebay!

I have not sold on SF sales forum, but I follow it. Some sellers like Edmorel, chorse, lance, Docholliday, offer really great values, and I like the idea of an SF member getting a great deal. There are other sellers of course, and I suppose that not all deals are great.

But to put it in a nutshell! I would much rather see someone screwed on EBay rather than here.

What say you others?

PS: I do realize it's a free market, and if you get your price Popsandfriends, and the buyer is satisfied, then so be it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads