• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 3 NWT RLPL suits...

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything is NEW WITH TAGS, and in pristine mint condition. Made in Italy by Saint Andrews

Sizes (tag) / Prices (firm)
38S 100% wool flannel. Price $850 shipped CONUS via USPS INSURED priority
41R 100% wool flannel Price $850 shipped CONUS via USPS INSURED priority
46L (3pc) 75%wool & 25% angora heavy tweed plaid. Price $900 shipped CONUS via USPS INSURED priority

1) Tag size 38S, 100% wool flannel. Color is VERY DARK charcoal and very close to black, but they are not exactly black when I compared this with one of my solid black wool overcoat. Stripes are greyish. The first picture (big one) is the closest representation of its true color and pattern.

Style: SB2B, dual side vents. 2 waist pockets, 1 ticket pocket, (all with flaps), and 1 chest welt pocket. Sleeves are unfinished and come with a full set of buttons. Pants are double pleated. 2 adjustable waistbands. 2 side pockets along the seam line and 2 rear welted buttoned pockets. Pants are half lined. Skirted/curtained waistband construction. A "V" split at the center back of the waistband. Pants also come with a set of belt loops in case you prefer belt loops.

Measurements:
Jacket
Shoulder: 18" (Top of the shoulder straight across back seam to seam)
Chest: 40" (Measured under the arms x 2 while lying flat )
Length: 28.5" (Bottom of the collar to buttom of the jacket)
Sleeve: 23" (Top of the shoulder seam to the end of sleeve) Sleeves are basted but unfinished. 1" can be safely let out.
Waist: 37" (Mesured on the 1st button x 2 while lying flat)
Pants
Waist: 32" (~2" can safely be let out)
Inseam: Basted but unfinished. Total 37.5"
Front rise: 11"
Hem width@30" inseam: 9"
Knee width: 9.75"

IMG_5328.jpg

2) Tag size 41R, 100% wool flannel. Color is true charcoal. Stripes are greyish. The first picture (big one) is the closest representation of its true color and pattern.

Style: SB2B, dual side vents. 2 waist pockets, 1 ticket pocket, (all with flaps), and 1 chest welt pocket. Sleeves are unfinished and come with a full set of buttons. Pants are double pleated. 2 adjustable waistbands. 2 side pockets along the seam line and 2 rear welted buttoned pockets. Pants are half lined. Skirted/curtained waistband construction. A "V" split at the center back of the waistband.

Measurements:
Jacket
Shoulder: 18.5"-18.75" (Top of the shoulder straight across back seam to seam)
Chest: 43.5" (Measured under the arms x 2 while lying flat )
Length: 30" (Bottom of the collar to buttom of the jacket)
Sleeve: 24.5" (Top of the shoulder seam to the end of sleeve) Sleeves are basted but unfinished. 1" can be safely let out.
Waist: 39.5" - 40" (Mesured on the 1st button x 2 while lying flat)
Pants
Waist: 35" (~2" can safely be let out)
Inseam: Basted but unfinished. Total 39"
Front rise: 11"
Hem width@32" inseam: 9"
Knee width: 10"

IMG_5339.jpg

3) Tag size 46L, 75%wool & 25% angora heavy tweed plaid. The first picture (big one) is the closest representation of its true color and pattern.

Style: SB2B, dual side vents. 2 waist pockets, 1 ticket pocket, (all with flaps), and 1 chest welt pocket. Sleeves are unfinished and come with a full set of buttons. Vest has 4 pockets (2 chest and 2 waist), SB 6 buttons. Notched lapel. Pants are flat front. 8 belt loops. 2 side slanted pockets and 2 rear welted buttoned pockets. Pants are half lined. A "V" split at the center back of the waistband.

Measurements:
Jacket
Shoulder: 19.5" (Top of the shoulder straight across back seam to seam)
Chest: 46.5" - 47" (Measured under the arms x 2 while lying flat )
Length: 31.5" (Bottom of the collar to buttom of the jacket)
Sleeve: 26.5" (Top of the shoulder seam to the end of sleeve) Sleeves are basted but unfinished.
Waist: 44" (Mesured on the 1st button x 2 while lying flat)
Pants
Waist: 40" (~2" can safely be let out)
Inseam: Basted but unfinished. Total 41.5"
Front rise: 12.25"
Hem width@35" inseam: 9"
Knee width: 9.5"-9.75"

IMG_5349.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll have interest in the 38S

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
You bought all three to see which would fit you best?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interested in the 38S pending price, measurements, and pics

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also interested in the 38S suit--damn, I guess you have to be fast on these things.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James, I would have some interest in the 46, lets get more info please ( price and pics)

thanks

leon12

Reaction score
I would be interested in the 41R pending pics and measurements.

kali77

Reaction score
That 3-piece is making me
drool.gif

leon12

Reaction score
The 41R is a little tight in the chest and shoulder for me.. but great suits.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The tweed wool/angora blend is very soft - I highly recommend it. All the great look of tweed without the rough heaviness. Perfect for more modern wearers, who are unlikely to wear it to go wading through gorse and heather on a misty morning, looking for birds to shoot. Another great RL interpretation of a classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads