• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Frye Boot sizing question (after the fact) and problem

thereverend

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here but have lurked for a little while. I bought a pair of Frye Harness 12R boots that I have been wearing for about 3-4 weeks now and the heel is coming unglued already. Has anyone else had any bad experiences with their boots falling apart like this?

My next questions is just regarding boot sizing in general. When I tried these boots on in the store, I tried an 10.5, which felt way too big on me, and a 10 which felt snug. Now I am reading and hearing that a correctly fitted boot should slip on the heel for a while until broken in. Mine never slipped at all. Am I going to ruin these boots?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I have a pair of Fryes that have held up very well for over a year now--I haven't had any problems with them. Maybe try contacting the company? They might be willing to fix it or replace the boots free of charge. Worth a shot, anyway.

As for your second question, I'm not sure. FWIW, it doesn't sound like it's particularly problematic.

thereverend

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the reply. In any event, I took them to the shoe repair guy that is next door to the store where I work. He said he could fix them.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Take them back or send them to Frye. You shouldn't have to pay for it. Frye (made in USA) boots should last a decade. If they don't, somebody f'ed up.

Do they hurt when you walk? If they're comfortable, don't worry about heel slipping.

thereverend

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but I also thought that I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for them to come to my house from www.stompersboots.com, I bought them for a lot less than retail, and that it will probably be cheap to fix them, and that I don't want to start over with new, blister inducing boots for a couple weeks until they are comfy again. Colin

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40