Frustrated with clothing lengths

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Easton, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Easton

Easton New Member

Not so much with shirts but I've always had trouble looking for pants/jeans that actually fit me. My legs are disproportionately shorter than the rest of my body along with a large upper body. 30" doesn't even work for me so a lot of the time I have to fold the bottom up about an inch or so and sometimes it's still baggy. It's a big inconvenience considering I usually only rotate around two pairs of jeans (pants are more difficult). I haven't had the chance to actually measure my inseam but my wild guess would be maybe 26", 27". By the way, I'm 5'7" and I have a pretty lean body type.

So what I would like to do is find a tailor who can actually make some very professional adjustments but I'm not sure where to look. Does anyone who lives in NYC know of any respectable tailors who can do these type of jobs? How do some of you vertically challenged people manage with such shortcoming?

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Any competent tailor can do a good job with hemming. You're lucky to be living in NYC, there must be a tailor like that on every other block.

3. Easton

Easton New Member

What about with jeans? I'm worried the inseams and the cuffs at the bottom will look very off.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

What about with jeans? I'm worried the inseams and the cuffs at the bottom will look very off.
    Most tailors can readily alter jeans to retain the look of unaltered jeans. If they say they can't, then try another tailor.
    http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/

5. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lengths are easy to fix.
    The inseam is another story.

Having custom made jeans might not be a bad idea.

Levi's used to have a very good,moderatly priced program, which they discontinued.

Look in the streetwear section.

Carl