• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fruit

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat a lot of fruit and love to try new ones and new varieties of existing ones. Lately, I have been eating a grapefruit (usually, Texas Red Star), a pomegranate and a few clementines everyday. Summer is my favorite season, I can eat berries, cherries and assorted rock fruit all day. I also cook and bake with them.

Do you all eat fruit? What are your favorites? Any cool uses or spotting of unusual or new fruits?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite fruit currently is Bosc pears. I also enjoy dried cranberries, Red and Golden Delicious apples, and grapes. I love fruit.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I eat lots of fruit and have lots of favorites. HEre goes: Grapes, white peaches, yellow peaches, cantaloupe, pineapple, guava, any crispy sweet apple, black cherries, tangerines, clementines, watermelon, mangoes, others that I'm surely forgetting.

tor

Reaction score
I love fruit too. Grapefruit is nice, although I can't always find good ones. Very crispy grapes are nice. Probably my favorite fruit is cherries though. Have you ever had rainier cherries? Probably the best fruit I've ever had.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
Have you ever had rainier cherries? Probably the best fruit I've ever had.

Those are very good.

Have you guys had Honeycrisp apples? Maybe the best apple I've ever had. Very crispy, sweet and a little tart. Its got everything!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Those are very good.

Have you guys had Honeycrisp apples? Maybe the best apple I've ever had. Very crispy, sweet and a little tart. Its got everything!

thats funny, because your mom said the exact same thing about my cack.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Have been enjoying a lot of Buddha's Hand lately.

I've only had those twice. Not so easy to find yet. Tasted kind of like a citron, but sweeter. Very interesting all-in-all. What do you do with it?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I've only had those twice. Not so easy to find yet. Tasted kind of like a citron, but sweeter. Very interesting all-in-all. What do you do with it?

Sometimes I chop it and put it in a salad. Mostly I steep it in oil or cream to use the flavor in other applications. It makes an absolutely killer flavored oil.

samus

Reaction score
Had a nice couple of persimmons this week.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I chop it and put it in a salad. Mostly I steep it in oil or cream to use the flavor in other applications. It makes an absolutely killer flavored oil.

Ohhh, great idea! I've done citrus oils plenty, but never cream. I'll give that a shot! What is the preparation for that?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Ohhh, great idea! I've done citrus oils plenty, but never cream. I'll give that a shot! What is the preparation for that?

There's no real recipe. I have to deal with that **** at work, so when I'm home I just eyeball it all. But I'd say half a decent-sized Buddha's Hand will really powerfully flavor 2 qts oil.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no real recipe. I have to deal with that **** at work, so when I'm home I just eyeball it all. But I'd say half a decent-sized Buddha's Hand will really powerfully flavor 2 qts oil.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was asking about cream, you mentioned that you infused cream with it.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
Had a nice couple of persimmons this week.

Good choice, they have a great complex flavor and I really enjoy the waxy mouthfeel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads