• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frost/Nixon

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just saw this excellent movie tonight and thought it deserved it's own thread.

I thought Frank Langlella made the film in his depiction of President Nixon. Michael Sheen was good as well as Mr. Frost, though I thought he was channelling Austin Powers a few times in the film.

Another film that is made great by the sum of its parts (great direction, writing, acting across the board - even by the ladyfriend Mr. Frost flaunts around LA with).

I hope this wins a few oscars.

SystemShock

Reaction score
I've been meaning to see this one. Have heard nothing but good about it...

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
intrigued by the trailers, hope it is on netflix soon like "Gonzo..." now is.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it two days ago. Astounding, I might like it even more than the Wrestler. Langella is god like here. There are a couple incredible scenes in this film that I think will become all time classics, the phone conversation and the final interview. There were a couple times when a packed theatre collectively forgot to breathe... just amazing I want to see it again.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Saw it two days ago. Astounding, I might like it even more than the Wrestler. Langella is god like here. There are a couple incredible scenes in this film that I think will become all time classics, the phone conversation and the final interview. There were a couple times when a packed theatre collectively forgot to breathe... just amazing I want to see it again.

The phone conversation and final interview were amazing too.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
The phone conversation and final interview were amazing too.

+1.

That phone conversation scene.... I loved it. Brilliantly done.

Magua

Reaction score
I just saw this today and am happy it wasn't all just hype. Very good stuff.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised I haven't seen more posts on this--thought it would appeal to SFers. Gucci loafers play a significant part, after all.

Very enjoyable though. Good pace to the movie. Lots of good acting--Langella, obv, but the others too--Sam Rockwell is always pretty good.

The girl was also in Starter for Ten--she's quite cute.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A man's shoes should have laces.

I thought it was excellent - particularly the phone conversation and the 4th interview. Frost's evolution was also interesting to watch and pulled off magnificently by Sheen.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Saw this it is a fantastic movie. Might have to do some reading up to see if Frost did as poorly in the first 3 sessions as depicted.

Great movie. It is funny the obsession about the loafers, I wonder if Nixon ever wore them?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What everyone has said, just a pleasure to watch, a completely unexpected thing (to me at least) given it being somewhat a biopic and the seemingly dry subject(a TV interview). Now that I've read Langella and Sheen play the same roles in the Broadway version, I kinda want to see the play too.

In addition to the Gucci loafers, there's a lot to like about this movie from a SF perspective. Great clothes, Frost's in particular all fit beautifully, and Mrs. Nixon's fixing the pocket square is a nice touch.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was planning to see it anyway.

But now, it's a certainty.

Boy, will it bring back memories. If one were to talk about complex characters, I guess RMN would be a good place to start.

Reborn

Reaction score
Saw Frank Langlella on Charlie Rose today and he reminded me that I'm an asshole for not seeing this yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads