• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From THE SARTORIALIST...opinons

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
OTSMilano.jpg

so there seems to be question among the bloggers whether or not the puckering on this fella's jacket is a result of fine handtailoring, or bad tailoring.

opinions?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No opinion on the stitching, but I do have an opinion on the readers. I really like some of the pictures that Scot takes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The pic did not come through in your post. You talking about the "Brown in Milan" pic? I would say that is a hand felled edge. That is, not just the top pic (the visible stitch) was done by hand, but the interior stitch, the one that actually holds the facings to the body of the coat, was also done by hand. This is somewhat unusual, even for high-end bespoke. Personally, I consider it a feature, not a bug. If the cloth is really stiff and heavy, the puckering will show less or not at all.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No cuff
devil.gif

The Sartorialist

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys are seeing some of the shots I have been taking in Milan and at Pitti.
The gentleman is Carlo Montanaro and he is a Director for Rizzoli Publishing, told me it the suit was made for him by the Loro Piana family which probably means MTM but for VIP's like him they may very well add a few extra quality details.

I'm am working on a few photos from an Attolini appt that will go up on Thurs or Friday. You guys may like them and the shots I'm working on from the crowd at the Etro show are pretty great.

Scott

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
nice to see you back Scott, been a while.

Hope you are well, and thanks for all the effort on the blog.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Scott, glad everything is working out so well for you. Keep it up!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you post, too, Scott, and the Pitti Uomo blog was great.

From what I've been told, Loro Piana can offer basically full bespoke, but it is a little restrictive: the styles are limited even though they claim that an individual pattern is cut. For example, when I asked whether they could do a bespoke version of an RTW item they had, they said no. I don't remember the styling details, but it was something along the lines of different lapel styles.

--Andre

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Sartorialist
I'm glad you guys are seeing some of the shots I have been taking in Milan and at Pitti.
The gentleman is Carlo Montanaro and he is a Director for Rizzoli Publishing, told me it the suit was made for him by the Loro Piana family which probably means MTM but for VIP's like him they may very well add a few extra quality details.

I'm am working on a few photos from an Attolini appt that will go up on Thurs or Friday. You guys may like them and the shots I'm working on from the crowd at the Etro show are pretty great.

Scott

I'm really excited to see the Attolini photos. The blog looks great - I'm especially liking the recommendations from people in the photos.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Scott, good to see you around here. The new pictures from Pitti and Milan are awesome.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that this is a good example of why more guys should wear brown suits. I think it is a sophisticated look, and while the accessories are not perfect, this is something I think many guys of many different skin/hair/eye colors could benefit from.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keith T
Just wanted to say that this is a good example of why more guys should wear brown suits. I think it is a sophisticated look, and while the accessories are not perfect, this is something I think many guys of many different skin/hair/eye colors could benefit from.

Well said. +1
Brown is a favorite.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what shoes he's paired with the beaut suit. Also, is the tie purple, or blue with red polkerdots? Maybe my eyes need adjusting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads