• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From the 'oh dear lord' file...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
So a reporter who has met me a bunch of times at various press conferences around town decided I am always well presented and wanted to interview me on my style.

Oh dear lord

Here is the result.....

Some of the members of Vietnamese origin can make more sense of this than me, but we should all be able to read one phrase about 2/3 of the way down about where to turn for advice.

Suspect my mates will never let me live this down.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look rather sinister with your legs crossed in the bottom 3rd picture

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah but dude I look much worse with them open!

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
So is there going to be another big influx of members now, like after the NYTimes article? Even if it's just a bunch of Kiwis coming to give Matt ****...

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this mean we're all going to have to learn Vietnamese now?

Kudos M@t!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ha - maybe metkirk will translate it.

It basically (seriously) just talks about what a wonderful person I am.

In the exact words of one of my staff "This Is Not My Boss"

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I meant that your mention of Styleforum in the piece would result in an influx of native Vietnamese speakers. I want to make them feel welcome.
smile.gif

Seriously, it looks like a nice piece. Although I agree that the picture of you in the chair makes you look somewhat evil.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Seriously, it looks like a nice piece. Although I agree that the picture of you in the chair makes you look somewhat evil.

Actually, looks like Matt is growling "Grrrrr..." about to pounce on the reader and molest him.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The motorcycle and PDA pics are the only good ones.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
boy, if this doens't get you laid, Matt, nothing will!!

seriously, very cool

metkirk

Reaction score
My translation, my comments are in (...)

MORE INTRINSIC VALUE (WTF...)

Born in Australia, CEO of TQPR Matthew, aspires to journalism for a sole purpose: to communicate and socialize with different people, to visit different places, but he's pleased about his decision to pursue business administration and PR; both require creativity and novelty. Although he has worked in many countries, without hesitation, he decided that if the company expand in Asia, Vietnam's the way to go. "My impression of this land comes from the people who are always active, willing to learn, and creative, also, Vietnam's a very friendly country with a variety of delicious dishes." - he said.

Young, elegant, fun, likes to tell jokes are characteristics of Matthew that help him impress his customers. But Matthew considers those are "addditional qualities", he thinks "Clothes and styles are what's really important. They show character of the owner, especially in conversations, you can tell whether the person you're talking can be trusted or not simply by judging his outfit." That's why when we see Matthew he is always a neat-to-the-max apparels. From the flat pleat (not sure how to translate this one, it's sth else), the straight flat front pants, the elegant vest (in VN, vest means suit), to the polished black shoes (uh oh). Matthew insists that "clothes make business more efficient and heighten the intrinsic value (no idea about this line, I think the reporter sucks at understanding your point). Speaking about Vietnamese businessmen, he thinks it's good that they started to care about their look more but some still don't know how to do it right, for example clothes don't match the shoes and the socks, or the laces are too long... It doesn't have to be designer clothes either, most of Matthew's wardrobe was bought after research on styleforum.net or tailored right in Vietnam.

Owns a house in Phu My Hung, Matthew speaks of home as a place where you can relax, so it must be fresh, spacious but the daily appliances are tools, the more simple, more "unique", the better. While people love the newest scooter models, Matthew sticks to his small old Chaly or his Kawasaki which bears various logo of client company of TQPR. However, his work related goodies are quite advanced , from Acer laptop to O2 cellphone.., as Matthew said, mobile office's the most convenient.

-End of article-

Matt you look great. The article on the other hand didn't do a good job of spreading your voices to the poorly dressed Vietnamese outthere. Matt, i'm sending you your invoice.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
wow, was kinda joking about a translation, but thanks! not sure we quite got it across, but around the mark
smile.gif
(btw belts too long not laces but anyhow....)

metkirk

Reaction score
Oh belt haha, I dont understand the way the Southern people word it, "day nit" wtf ???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics