• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

frizzy hair problem...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been growing my hair out for about 4 months now and it is starting to get quite long... however, my hair is kind of fine and whenever I wash it, it is very dry and frizzy for atleast two days, until it starts to get its natural oil back, so it basically is only manageable/good-looking if I dont wash my hair for atleast 3 days..

I have tried multiple shampoos, with low ph, suggested by my hair stylist, with no luck. Have also tried a few conditioners that didnt really do much.

I have heard of serums but never tried anything of that nature. Any suggestions for products to try? my hair is probably about 6-7 inches long

Robertkong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Leave in conditioner. Use a lot of it.

I do agree with this. I like the paul mitchell one. It really works.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Stop washing your hair so often. Try going for about a week without doing anything but rinsing in hot water. It might be oily/greasy after the first few days, but after a week or so your hair will normalize and maintain a nice, clean, textured appearance. Then just wash as needed every 4 or 5 days or so.

desiderialouis

Reaction score
If you have problem of frizzy hair then you have to use regular oil in your hair and also use some good conditioner it is really very helpful for the hair it can also maintain so many things which you can use in daily basis it is fantastic to know about it.

Archie07

Reaction score
Using the below given natural home remedies will also help you find answers to the question of how to control frizzy hair.

* Mix two tablespoons of gram flour with coconut milk and apply on this mixture on your scalp; massage it in gently with your fingertips. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, and then rinse it off with normal water. You can also add some milk cream to the mixture for that extra shine.

* To control frizzy hair, massage the scalp and coat the hair with natural oils such as safflower, olive, coconut, or castor. Do this regularly and allow the oil to stay for at least an hour before you wash it off with shampoo. Massaging the oils into the scalp helps in improving blood circulation and promotes absorption of oil content. In fact, regular use of oils is one of the best ways to prevent frizzy hair.

* Another remedy involves whipping an egg (yolk and white) well and adding one tablespoon of water to it while whipping. Once the egg is nice and frothy, apply it on wet hair. Massage gently and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then, wash the hair with a good shampoo. The use of egg is seen in many home remedies for frizzy hair.

* Mayonnaise, also made from egg, is another excellent remedy for treating frizzy hair. Apply the mayonnaise onto the scalp and hair, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with cool water.

* You can also use beer to prevent frizzy hair. Apply the beer on your hair or simply spray it on with a pump bottle. This gives hair its sheen and makes it manageable. You can also leave some beer in an open bowl overnight, and then use the liquid to condition hair.For more information you may visit http://www.medexpressrx.com/blog

NJbeefcake

Reaction score
started using the garnier fructis leave in conditioner and hasnt made any impact

does this leave in conditioner only last until you wash it out or does it have a longer lasting impact? like vitamins for your hair...

NJbeefcake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I started using Paul Mitchell Wax Works and it works great. I put it in while my hair is wet and it doesn't shine but it holds really well.

It doesnt shine but does it help bring life to it? A natural healthy shine is ok, frozen hair that looks like an elephant just pleasured itself on the top of your head is not ok.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NJbeefcake
started using the garnier fructis leave in conditioner and hasnt made any impact does this leave in conditioner only last until you wash it out or does it have a longer lasting impact? like vitamins for your hair...
Only until you wash it out. Hair Vitamins are something you take internally, like regular vitamins. If you want a more permanent smoothing solution, there are many. The costs go way up, however. Instead of $3, you're looking at $30 or more. http://www.livingproof.com/buy/no-fr...in-conditioner http://www.folica.com/reviews/hair-c...reviews_anchor

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I have been growing my hair out for about 4 months now and it is starting to get quite long... however, my hair is kind of fine and whenever I wash it, it is very dry and frizzy for atleast two days, until it starts to get its natural oil back, so it basically is only manageable/good-looking if I dont wash my hair for atleast 3 days..

I have tried multiple shampoos, with low ph, suggested by my hair stylist, with no luck. Have also tried a few conditioners that didnt really do much.

I have heard of serums but never tried anything of that nature. Any suggestions for products to try? my hair is probably about 6-7 inches long

If you think it's dirty, rinse it when you shower without shampoo. Otherwise...just leave it be. Conditioner alone will make it feel soft and full (not a good idea if it's too humid haha).

Seriously stop using shampoo, all it does is dry out my hair and leave it frizzy like yours (assuming you dont use any product)

barbzee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr

Have you tried natural hair solutions its pretty good.
it should help you cause its probably that your hair is very sensitive.
Very sensitve hair doesn't take chemicals so well but it seems to take off with natual products.
U should also try improving your diet with fruits and vegatables this will help you with the health of your hair.
I really hope this works for you all the best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads