• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friends

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Why do you ask?

Because if you are, I would like to ask you how your marriage works.

Yeah, "there's no such thing as a tough job that is merely 8-5," but there are bosses who try to undermine your confidence or fail at seeing your talent...
there are exhausting meetings that sometimes seem to have no point. By the time that my spouse arrives home from work, I will not add more to his plate. No. I will listen to him. Try to make his day feel better.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Or one might actually have no talent. No one ever seems to think maybe their boss is correct in his/her assessments. Just considering all the options.

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Or one might actually have no talent. No one ever seems to think maybe their boss is correct in his/her assessments. Just considering all the options.

giphy.gif

My role is to support my spouse and his dreams just like he supports mine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

seattlefromson

Reaction score
I don't agree with or understand your perception of how a marriage should work.

I know what works for me.

Anyhow, whatevah

giphy.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I didn't know considering that possibly your spouse actually isn't good at their current job is what defines how a marriage works. Learn something new every day here.

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Alright, I will not dismiss your point of view.

My definition of how a marriage works (again, this is what works for me): two people who (1) love each other, (2) support each other, (3) stick with each other, (4) face obstacles together, (5) continue in love as if in day #1.

What is your definition?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Defining how marriage works is over my pay grade but I'll just say allowing one's partner to continue thinking they're good at a job they really are not cut out for isn't the most productive way to support them.

Also, why do you define a marriage as only two people? I try to be more inclusive in my view of marriage.

seattlefromson

Reaction score
Also, why do you define a marriage as only two people?

It is what feels right to me.

On a different note, I believe in my spouse. I believe 100% that he is talented and can achieve whatever he wants. He tells me everything. We are best friends.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It is what feels right to me and I adhere to my moral standards.

That's mighty judgey on your part. What possible moral reason could you have to exclude poly folks? In this day and age this prejudice on your part is quite off putting.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1F033C3E-BDD0-4B3E-AFCE-865C8C16FFA7.jpeg

Found this at a thrift store today but my text friends don’t seem to appreciate it. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads