• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friends

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What bugs me most about this show is that all of the characters problems are in their imaginations. It's a common problem in sitcoms but this show seems to be the worst about it. 9 times out of 10 their problem is that they insist on lying about things they have no reason to lie about. They are all horrible people and I hate them.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seinfeld is great, of course. I still watch those old reruns and they are all as funny as I remember. Actually, a lot of the latter day episodes are better than I remember because I can appreciate them for what they are rather than think about how the show isn't as good as it used to be.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What bugs me most about this show is that all of the characters problems are in their imaginations. It's a common problem in sitcoms but this show seems to be the worst about it. 9 times out of 10 their problem is that they insist on lying about things they have no reason to lie about. They are all horrible people and I hate them.

most of the humor is built on their self awareness issues. its what makes it funny. :)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If that isn't a testament to lack of taste, I don't know what is. The theme song is absolutely horrible.

Maybe, but it does have all the characteristics of a successful pop song - gingle gangle sound, positive message (I'll be there for you" ), a good "hook" refrain, mixed to sound good on a funky TV speaker, etc..... Regardless of whether you like it or not, they built the song using the right formula for success.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe, but it does have all the characteristics of a successful pop song - gingle gangle sound, positive message (I'll be there for you" ), a good "hook" refrain, mixed to sound good on a funky TV speaker, etc..... Regardless of whether you like it or not, they built the song using the right formula for success.

also, they did succeed. and for that time period, the song was pretty inline with much of pop music.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seinfeld is great, of course. I still watch those old reruns and they are all as funny as I remember. Actually, a lot of the latter day episodes are better than I remember because I can appreciate them for what they are rather than think about how the show isn't as good as it used to be.

The only sitcom (though it's not really a sitcom) possibly better than seinfeld is Curb Your Enthusiasm. i just rewatched the trick or treat episode and I was almost crying at the end.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It rather blows my mind that anyone would admit, let alone like this show.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It rather blows my mind that anyone would admit, let alone like this show.

we cant all love weird independent foreign films bro ;)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never hated the show, but never found it even remotely interesting.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Misfits of science"????? I've never, ever heard of that show. CC was quite a cutie though.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never liked Curb Your Enthusiasm although I like Seinfeld. For some reason, Larry David's contribution in Seinfeld was hilarious and on Curb it just annoys me.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay - I loved Friends. Of course since I was much younger than the characters on the show so perhaps it was aspirational for me. I gave all the seasons to a colleague's daughter. She's about 11 right now and she loves it, although her father is worried it's too mature for her.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've never liked Curb Your Enthusiasm although I like Seinfeld. For some reason, Larry David's contribution in Seinfeld was hilarious and on Curb it just annoys me.

When i first saw an episode of curb, I didn't really get it and thought it was stupid. I started from the beginning just to give it another try and now I'd have a pretty hard time ranking it vs seinfeld. Sometimes he does annoying things (pretty pretty good, or singing or making noises), but it's relatively rare, and overall it's just hilarious. Seinfeld always made me laugh, but Curb has made me laugh so hard that I was almost crying.

Okay - I loved Friends. Of course since I was much younger than the characters on the show so perhaps it was aspirational for me. I gave all the seasons to a colleague's daughter. She's about 11 right now and she loves it, although her father is worried it's too mature for her.

Ya, count me among those that watched it in my early teens, though not religiously. It was ok. I'd probably think it was dumb now. It'sdefinitely no seinfeld.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the best part was when all the girls around you went out and got a haircut like Jennifer Aniston's

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads