1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Friends of friends trying to sell you something

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by SField, Sep 12, 2011.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

This happens with friends whom are Born Again Christians/Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses ect/ as well...

I have nothing against your religion.. but FUUUUCK YOOOOUUUU when you trick me into going to a weird pseudo seminar celebration thing and I have to sit through it and don't know what to do when they start singing/clapping/speaking in tongues.... its the most awkward thing evar... :decisions::fu::worship2::uhoh:

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm with you on this, one of those things that I really hate. my wfe has a few 'friends' that do this. I usually just listen and be polite and don't buy anything, or leave in the middle.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I walked away from one of these meeting actually feeling resentful, like the guy had called me up because he figured I was an easy target.

4. RSS

RSS Senior member

Find yourself a few friends who are Episcopalian and they won't do this to you. On the other hand they will invite you to same damn good cocktail parties.

The biggest knock-down-drag-out I ever 'witnessed' occurred at All Saint's Episcopal Church in Beverly Hills ... back in 1993. The point in question was whether to use a $35 bottle of cabernet sauvignon or a $28 bottle of pinot noir as the communion wine at an upcoming celebrity wedding. I kept thinking to myself ... "Dammit, we don't get enough to do the taste test ... lets get on to talking about something important ... for example: the reception alcohol!"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011