• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friend excitedly tells me about "Jos A. Bank 3 for 1 sale". How do you respond?

brokencycle

Reaction score

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks Reev. I just ordered 3 cedar hangers. They look pretty nice and a little CVS cloth tape should take care of the logo. I'll have to practice writing Brioni in that fancy script though...

You can just remove the logo. Unless they're different than the other cedar products, the brass plate can just be unscrewed.

This is the best price for most cedar products.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks Reev. I just ordered 3 cedar hangers. They look pretty nice and a little CVS cloth tape should take care of the logo. I'll have to practice writing Brioni in that fancy script though...

Which hanger did you get? The assist also goes to sns23, who first mentioned taking advantage of a non-clothing item.
PS: Your need to add in the snark reflects your lack of class. A simple thank you would have sufficed.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The fact that he was a friend of yours would trouble me far more than the Joseph A. Banks part. And I hate JAB,

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, doesn't Jos a Bank often sell Allen Edmonds?

OinkBoink

Reaction score

Yes. I was in there recently looking at topcoats (which all sucked). They had Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, and Johnston & Murphy shoes. Obviously they're not subject to their "70% off" sales, though.

ddsg

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered myself a bunch of hangers. Would've gotten shoe trees too but just ordered some the other week from AE
cloud.gif

brokencycle

Reaction score

They are never included in any of the sales. You get the 20% corporate discount, but that's it on AE. On super rare occasion there will be sales on particular models, but typically not very good.

My snarkiness toward JAB comes from working there through college and having to deal with the constantly changing "never before have we run this sale"

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This came up recently with a friend of mine. I thanked him for the info and let him know they have buy three for the price of one sales quite often.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bjornb17

Reaction score

Good deal for shoe trees.

Funny you mention that. I went to DSW to buy a pair of their $15 shoe trees. They no longer stock any besides the "Size 7-9", so I decided to go next door to JAB. Just wanted to buy 1 pair. Well, today was the Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale day. I didn't need three pairs but I'm sure I'll make use of them someday.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reevolving, didn't you do this exact same thread with Wolverine 1000 Mile boots instead of JAB suits about a week ago?

Gorpomon

Reaction score
A few years ago, after my interest in clothes started, my really nice aunt and uncle got me a Men's Wearhouse gift card "because you like clothes now".

I graciously thanked them for the thought, at least they were sort of headed in the right direction. I then tried to sell the $50 gift card for $40. No takers.

Whenever people excitedly tell me to look into places like MW, JAB, Burlington Coat Factory, etc, I just tell them one of two things, "Thanks, but that place is not really my style" or "Thanks, but I'm already eyeing a [insert clothing item] elsewhere".

aperson

Reaction score
For anyone who's trying to take advantage of the cheap shoe trees / hangars / whatever and paying with paypal: Check your receipt.

Paypal shows a charge almost double what the JAB checkout page showed. Apparently their payment system is of a similar quality to their suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads