Friend excitedly tells me about "Jos A. Bank 3 for 1 sale". How do you respond?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Thanks for the info, I got some shoe trees :D

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

You can just remove the logo. Unless they're different than the other cedar products, the brass plate can just be unscrewed.

This is the best price for most cedar products.

3. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Which hanger did you get? The assist also goes to sns23, who first mentioned taking advantage of a non-clothing item.
    PS: Your need to add in the snark reflects your lack of class. A simple thank you would have sufficed.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

The fact that he was a friend of yours would trouble me far more than the Joseph A. Banks part. And I hate JAB,

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

On a serious note, doesn't Jos a Bank often sell Allen Edmonds?

6. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

Yes. I was in there recently looking at topcoats (which all sucked). They had Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, and Johnston & Murphy shoes. Obviously they're not subject to their "70% off" sales, though.

7. ddsg

ddsg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered myself a bunch of hangers. Would've gotten shoe trees too but just ordered some the other week from AE [​IMG]

8. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

They are never included in any of the sales. You get the 20% corporate discount, but that's it on AE. On super rare occasion there will be sales on particular models, but typically not very good.

My snarkiness toward JAB comes from working there through college and having to deal with the constantly changing "never before have we run this sale"

9. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

This came up recently with a friend of mine. I thanked him for the info and let him know they have buy three for the price of one sales quite often.

10. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I got these: http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_101607
    Snark? :puzzled:

11. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Funny you mention that. I went to DSW to buy a pair of their $15 shoe trees. They no longer stock any besides the "Size 7-9", so I decided to go next door to JAB. Just wanted to buy 1 pair. Well, today was the Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale day. I didn't need three pairs but I'm sure I'll make use of them someday.

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Reevolving, didn't you do this exact same thread with Wolverine 1000 Mile boots instead of JAB suits about a week ago?

13. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Epic backfiring thread.

14. Gorpomon

Gorpomon Well-Known Member

A few years ago, after my interest in clothes started, my really nice aunt and uncle got me a Men's Wearhouse gift card "because you like clothes now".

I graciously thanked them for the thought, at least they were sort of headed in the right direction. I then tried to sell the $50 gift card for $40. No takers.

Whenever people excitedly tell me to look into places like MW, JAB, Burlington Coat Factory, etc, I just tell them one of two things, "Thanks, but that place is not really my style" or "Thanks, but I'm already eyeing a [insert clothing item] elsewhere".

15. aperson

aperson Well-Known Member

For anyone who's trying to take advantage of the cheap shoe trees / hangars / whatever and paying with paypal: Check your receipt.

Paypal shows a charge almost double what the JAB checkout page showed. Apparently their payment system is of a similar quality to their suits.