• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday's Check Challenge 19th June 2015

Choose your Check Mate!

• Cleav

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • DC

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Shugz 1

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Bien

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Koala

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Unbel

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Cox

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Stefan

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • GMMcl

• Clags (retro)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • AAS

• Upr

• David Reeves

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Choc

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • SYC

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ac2

• Archie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RoSaCe

• Clags (contemporary)

• Shugz (Scatter-gun)

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Time for check-in

A quite basical outfit actually.
Checks are on the shirt and PS.
Grenadine burgundy tie is shibumi.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just passed in stiches here in the hallway at SF and he muttered something that sounded like “week beeches.” Dunno what that was about.

Anyway, some Glen check for you.

Be advised that if immediately after I post this David Reeves proceeds to post a pink plaid three-piece suit I’m going to be quite miffed. Similarly if Cleav shows up in a bespoke POW Scooby costume.

Just sayin’ …

Cheers,

Ac (
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just passed in stiches here in the hallway at SF and he muttered something that sounded like “week beeches.”    Dunno what that was about.

Anyway, some Glen check for you. 

Be advised that if immediately after I post this David Reeves proceeds to post a pink plaid three-piece suit I’m going to be quite miffed.   Similarly if Cleav shows up in a bespoke POW Scooby costume.

Just sayin’ …

Cheers,

Ac

Happily for you, both David Reeves and Cleav have already posted entries, so no surprises in re: pink plaid three-piece suit or bespoke POW Scooby Doo costume - at least not from them.

As for Stitchy, you heard him on the phone with his arborist, discussing "weak birches" - obviously some major yard work to be done at the Villa Stitches, though not on Shabbos. Expect more from that source after sunset . . .

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
POW wedding tie for a friend's wedding today. Suit already got a compliment from a random older gentleman today. Will post a full length shot if I can, but am wearing black punch cap oxfords.

RoSaCe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Already a lot of very good entrances, I'm posting just for the number, and because I fortunately thrifted this gingham SC last Wednesday

Funny thing, I think my last sketch could also participate in this challenge

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice sketch!

Worn just for the challenge. And I'll be wearing the hell out of this cone winter (so, like, five times tops)

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@chocsosa is streaking ahead of the field, and rightly so.

I didn't vote this time, as I thought all the entries were good. But Choc's fit is really outstanding and I'm glad it's being recognised as such.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes guys..there were so many good entries.. Clags killed it with that last fit,shugs jacket was awesome, Cox that SS DB jacket is all sorts of awesome.. cleaves S.C (I believe it is linen right?) just does it... beautiful three piece Academic.. and so much more.. this was an awesome competition where everyone brought it!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All solid, no suit, for next challenge?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this the suit supply suit?

Could be the way you're standing but something seems off with the jacket...

Nice sketch!

Worn just for the challenge. And I'll be wearing the hell out of this cone winter (so, like, five times tops)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Howard Yount. Shoulders aren't perfect and the lapel needs to be re-pressed. SuSu fits me much better than this, but I wanted a flannel houndstooth and it was cheap. I have brown flannel pants and some soft, moss colored three season pants coming in shortly (from a suit from KW) that'll work, I think, well with the jacket on its own (one day, I'll buy a suit whose jacket can't function as a separate, but that'll be a long ways away, I think).

But what really bugs me (besides the lighting) is that the tie isn't straight.

Edit:
Unbel: good catch. That's one of my older shirts; all my more recent ones have higher shirt collars. I also have a giant neck. 16.5. And I am a pretty standard 38R in all other respects.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads