• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday WAYWT Challenge - SW&D does MC - DEADLINE TUESDAY

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
As you might have noticed, Men's Clothing does a WAYWT contest each friday. This week's theme is "MC does SW&D" (see below), leading to controversy and general facepalm in the thread on said topic. It has been suggested by many, and I think it's a good idea, to do the opposite - "SW&D does MC". But no one made the thread, so I will.

HERE ARE THE RULES.

1. This is super short notice, so if you can't put together a suit fit by tomorrow, no problem: just use any MC-related fit you may have posted in the past.
2. Alternatively, nominate someone else's fit that they may have posted in the past 6 months or so.
3. PM me the fit and whose it is if it isn't yours.
4. I will make a thread tomorrow.
5. You will vote. MC will probably also vote.

We shouldn't have a problem getting to 10+ people here. I will enter, Aeglus, Nicelynice, Kelvin, Tonio and others have all got fits that will work. But if you haven't posted something MCish in the past, I for one would be interested to see a Willy Cheesesteak MC fit. So make it happen.

OG thread:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Got your business look down...

...but your casual look is str8 wack?

Then it might be time to step up your game for next Friday's challenge:

Men's Clothing does Street Wear & Denim

Put those dad jeans & Asics away, 'cuz we're inviting the SW&D crowd to judge your look as well.

Don't wear jeans on Friday? No problem. We understand you've got meetings & clients to impress, lead a workshop...

So take a picture any time - on the weekend, during the week, doesn't matter - just poast on Friday.

...and do SW&D like a boss.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Two addendums.

1. To make this worthwhile I figure I need 10 fits. As I say that shouldn't be a problem but if you people don't pony up we'll just forget about it.

2. No particular format requirement, if you want to shoot from 4 angles I couldn't care less, just don't make it a huge long post - have to more or less fit your post on a screen. Standard WAYWT size I guess. Unlike standard MC Waywt size which apparently is "as long as it's shorter than your company's financing agreement, we're good".

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PMed. The timeline seems a bit short though. Give it through the weekend maybe. No reason we should have to stick to MC rules for clothes or Friday WAYWT challenges.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
PMed. The timeline seems a bit short though. Give it through the weekend maybe. No reason we should have to stick to MC rules for clothes or Friday WAYWT challenges.

i agree with this

also its dark when i get home from work due to the season, so i'd only be able to take poorly lit photos unless i can do it saturday afternoon or something

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good idea- I hope enough folks can pull something together.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good idea, guys. I am interested to see your results.

However, for it really to work...you need your regulars to post MC fits. Not just guys that are cross posters and have a history of MC contributions. You have to get out of your comfort zones, just like we are. That is the point of the challenge.

Plus, MC is not a suit only environment. It can be pants (other than jeans) and a nice shirt, sweater, etc. Sportcoat and pants fits are common as well, etc.

Mike

p.s. get ready to hear about things like pull, buttoning point, sleeve length and pitch, shoulder width and design, pattern matching, tie knots and dimples, etc.

Have fun!

Mike

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can this be extended to next tuesday or something? Friday is super close

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Ill enter for this. I don't own anymore suits, but I can probably do a country fit in mcqueen, some work wear and a pair of churchs. I probably won't actually wear it out though.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted.

Though I'm conflicted as to whether to go full MC or a more SW&D MC.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not make it for next Friday? That way everyone will have a week to take their pics, and then post on Friday.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 67 17.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 127 33.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 64 16.8%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 26 6.8%