Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday WAYWRN Challenge : Grey Matters - WHO DID IT BEST? VOTE!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 11, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

BARON:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THREADBEARER:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SPOOPOKER:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    click below for color version
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOBD:

[​IMG]

TTO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HOLDFAST:

[​IMG]

MBREININ:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PANDARTS:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JPQ:

[​IMG]

PARKER:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AEGLUS:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MR.CLAYMORE:

[​IMG]

2. TTO

TTO Senior member

No AlanC, OldDog or Lufty this week, Oh well, I suppose everyone is busy at this time of year...Mike for the win this week I think.[​IMG] surprisingly, boring becomes you sir, just don't do it to often I preffer the [​IMG] you!

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

For me its between Spoo, Mike, TB, Parker, and Aeg. Haven't decided who yet (I'm a prude remember, I only vote once). I just hope the winner this week realizes that the Friday they will choose for is Christmas Eve...a Holiday themed Challenge?

4. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

i criticized Spoo on his shoe choices on the original thread, but based on his entire body of work and other entries, i thought he was the winner. Brought in Mrs Niidawg to provide an independent assessment and she went with Spoo too at first glance ... lol.

She's feeling your boring swagger Spoo ... i'm mad jealous [​IMG]

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

[​IMG]
    What's in your hand? Is that some kind of trigger for the camera?

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Yes, the remote:

[​IMG]

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Yeah, I always wondered what that was.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

i criticized Spoo on his shoe choices on the original thread, but based on his entire body of work and other entries, i thought he was the winner. Brought in Mrs Niidawg to provide an independent assessment and she went with Spoo too at first glance ... lol.

She's feeling your boring swagger Spoo ... i'm mad jealous [​IMG]

Thanks for bringing in the 3rd party analysis Nii.. You can show her some of my other pics so she realizes you do boring much better than me [​IMG]

You didnt know NOBD was the official SF Assassin? Thats his color combo detonator.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

No AlanC, OldDog or Lufty this week, Oh well, I suppose everyone is busy at this time of year...Mike for the win this week I think.[​IMG] surprisingly, boring becomes you sir, just don't do it to often I preffer the [​IMG] you!

I haven't seen Lufty in weeks. I wonder if all the BS between him and the SW&D crowd drove him off?? I hope not.

Anyway, thanks for the vote. If you give me a good FU Challenge for next week, I won't let you down! [​IMG]

I went with Spoo. Although his fit was not CBD in the true sense, it was a great fit that I have to respect.

I was really torn this week, because I think my Oxxford fit was much better than this one...but was not true to the rules in my mind. In the future, I say [​IMG] to the rules. [​IMG]

Mike

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

My votes went to Spoo and Mike, partly because they really did do CBD, and partly because I would find it endlessly amusing if either of them won a CBD contest, given their natural preferences for louder looks.

PS. what's my pic actually doing in the poll? I thought I'd be disqualified from entry based purely on the pocket watch!

11. SpooPoker

I went with Spoo. Although his fit was not CBD in the true sense, it was a great fit that I have to respect.

Im actually applying for a position to work for Holdfast, where this would be ultra CBD.

My votes went to Spoo and Mike, partly because they really did do CBD, and partly because I would find it endlessly amusing if either of them won a CBD contest, given their natural preferences for louder looks.

If the only contest I win is CBD I dont think I will be able to recover from that. I may have to seek counseling.

12. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I wanted to be in on this one, but my grey flannel suit is at the tailor. Friday is my day off lately, too, so it's usually a bad challenge day for me.

I don't know what Lufty's excuse is.

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

You didnt know NOBD was the official SF Assassin? Thats his color combo detonator.

Right, I only have to change from 2 to L for that.

No CBD shoes (like most of the 'contestants', except for Threadbearer, JPQ and perhaps Mr. Claymore"”can't see those), but other than that... Parker. The subtle shirt stripe is Manton-approved (I guess) and the side dimple, well...

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

If the only contest I win is CBD I dont think I will be able to recover from that. I may have to seek counseling.

Don't know if it will be the "only" challenge you win...but you are well on your way!!!

Good job, Spoo.

Mike

15. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

A LOT of ill-fitting shirt collars and poorly altered suits in this thread!