Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Stripes - Who did it best? VOTE!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 15, 2011.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

voted for wsanford, had i realized it was mutiple choice would have have given a shout to spoo as well. anyway good showing fellas!

2. wsanford-shanghai

wsanford-shanghai Active Member

I voted for yfyf as well, although my winner is wsanford-shanghai with the peak lapels and lapelled waistcoat. He definitely looks the business.

I was hoping to vote for Tibor. Now, I really don't know. I think I will give the new guy my vote....great first appearance. Mike

voted for wsanford, had i realized it was mutiple choice would have have given a shout to spoo as well. anyway good showing fellas!

Wow, 34 votes! Thats much better than I had anticipated. Thanks guys, its means alot to even be considered amongst a group of such well dressed gents.

3. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Wow, 34 votes! Thats much better than I had anticipated. Thanks guys, its means alot to even be considered amongst a group of such well dressed gents.

This post make me happy.[​IMG]

4. East2West

East2West Senior member

I really like TC's attire here. He got my vote!

5. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Tough choice between yfyf and Spoo! This time Spoo just hit it spot on. So my vote goes to Spoo. My props go yfyf for pure modern elegance.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks Tibor!

We dont have a Friday contest this week as there was a break before Mike won the contest to pick this... should we just take a pass, or does anyone have a suggestion?

7. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Thanks Tibor!

We dont have a Friday contest this week as there was a break before Mike won the contest to pick this... should we just take a pass, or does anyone have a suggestion?

Your welcome.[​IMG] Can I enter this same suit again in a different contest even though it is pinstripes?

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Your welcome.[​IMG] Can I enter this same suit again in a different contest even though it is pinstripes?

Sure... as long as it fits the theme of whichever contest you are entering.

9. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Sure... as long as it fits the theme of whichever contest you are entering.

Can we have a dress in your own style inspired by a famous Political leader(with written details of satorial influence) challenge? Maybe 1900-2010

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

One of the few contests where I don't see a few bad fails...most likely down to the fact that stripes are easy to look passable in a suit. I think Yfyf has the look (and the contest) nailed, but my vote went to orgetorix, who I'm surprised didn't get more love for his look. He had stripes in his suit, shirt and tie, and easily could have looked "too much", but balanced just right...at least thats what I see.

Even Thin White Duke, with the over the top regatta blazer looks OK (well, he looks better than the 8 year old Mackem who tried to kill the Newcastle keeper anyway).

A week w/out a challenge? WTF, Certainly someone can think of something!

12. wsanford-shanghai

wsanford-shanghai Active Member

after seeing those harris tweed boots, why not something more winter themed?

boots 'n' suits?

13. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I think we can easily cook up a Friday theme on the fly.

Velvet?

Mike

14. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Why no Friday challenge?

15. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

One of the few contests where I don't see a few bad fails...most likely down to the fact that stripes are easy to look passable in a suit. I think Yfyf has the look (and the contest) nailed, but my vote went to orgetorix, who I'm surprised didn't get more love for his look. He had stripes in his suit, shirt and tie, and easily could have looked "too much", but balanced just right...at least thats what I see.

Thanks, Rob!

I guess I'm still uncertain as to the guidelines for these challenges. Is it "best use of [theme]?" Or "best outfit that incorporates [theme]?" It's a subtle but important distinction. My fit this time was aimed more at the former--seeing how I could combine stripes harmoniously. Had I been aiming at the latter, I'd probably have worn at least one fewer striped pieces.