• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best SC with Jeans - Who did it best? VOTE!!!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BY POPULAR DEMAND - MULTIPLE CHOICE VOTING HAS BEEN DISABLED! in stitches
Originally Posted by in stitches
sc with jeans is not my thing, i think this may be the first time ive tried to pull it off so it may be a giant phail. in honor of the friday challenge here goes!
2011-02-11_00-35-41_94-1.jpg
2011-02-11_00-25-33_994.jpg

fullb
Originally Posted by fullb
Friday Jeans & Jacket Challenge
wa110211.jpg
WA110211b.jpg

JPQ
Originally Posted by JPQ
Denim & Jacket
DSC_0047_01.jpg
DSC_0072_01.jpg
Train track
DSC_0059_01.jpg
DSC_0054_01.jpg

aeglus
Originally Posted by aeglus
more Friday jeans and messing around for fun
tumblr_lgg4p8dWsY1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgg52eJ3L71qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgg540k4gQ1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
items:
Uniqlo button down Uniqlo sweater Uniqlo tweed blazer APC PS Fratelli Rossetti Saddleback Leather briefcase[/spoiler] Close-ups:
tumblr_lgg2zd48sN1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgg1w2Gnwv1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
banis
Originally Posted by banis
Denim + sportcoat that were worn yesterday. Picture was taken at 3 a.m. today with me being almost fuked up. So, I apologize for its quality.
172504--40668530-m750x740-u7085a.jpg
If you want to see better pictures of the background, click here. I'll upload couple more pictures. And that is what I am actually wearing today.
172504--40668546-m750x740-u44055.jpg
172504--40668565-m750x740-u76ec2.jpg

NewYorkRanger
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Challenge
IMG_3681.jpg
IMG_3676.jpg
IMG_3678.jpg

PTWilliams
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Kiton Jeans Hermes shirt Magee boaters Jacket (from Booksters) Holland and Holland handkerchief Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us
tropics
Originally Posted by tropics
jacket and jeans, eh?
2virplx.jpg

LilacCords
Originally Posted by LilacCords
JACKET N JEANS CHALLENGE Gents, have a great weekend.
jeans2.jpg
jeans3.jpg
bespokejeanpockets.jpg
tanloafers.jpg
jeans1.jpg

spoozy
Originally Posted by spoozy
CONTEST ENTRY...one from the archive (excuse the stare n´ hair):
260820101739.jpg
260820101732.jpg
260820101735.jpg

0b5cur1ty
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Friday jacket 'n' jeans: In terms of the competition, I'm sure I'd do better just to re-post wednesday's fit, but this is what I'm wearing today, so...
DSC01741e.jpg
DSC01736e.jpg
Tried to heed NOBD's advice on photography and lighting, but it's a very dull day.
frown.gif

NOBD
Originally Posted by NOBD
Here goes
waywrnjacketjeanschalle.jpg

Orgetorix
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Friday Challenge
DSCF7075.jpg
DSCF7076.jpg
DSCF7077.jpg

Thin White Duke
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Friday Challenge(s)
fa98hv.jpg
2r3yw0l.jpg
mc86yg.jpg
1zd1wk4.jpg
303h5kz.jpg
fxaurd.jpg
25s78ro.jpg
126bpzb.jpg
ddoza0.jpg

PandArts
Originally Posted by PandArts
Blue Jean 'n' jacket Friday
JNJ_021111_01.jpg
JNJ_021111_02.jpg
JNJ_021111_03.jpg
JNJ_021111_04.jpg
JNJ_021111_05.jpg
JNJ_021111_06.jpg

bleachboy
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I'm going "full maverick" for this challenge and doing black jeans. Entry possibly also eligible for challenges "black" and "monochrome".
2011-02-11a.jpg
2011-02-11b.jpg
2011-02-11c.jpg

SG-22
Originally Posted by SG-22
Wait, I own jeans... I own a SC... That means I can enter my first friday challenge.
shirtjack.jpg
shoes.jpg
small.jpg
(I hate these jeans by the way but there one of only three pairs I own that fit at the waist after losing some weight!)

Kappelan
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm13.jpg

Threadbearer
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Here's my challenge entry. Pardon the mess on the floor, but we're in the middle of packing for a ski weekend. Woo-hoo!!!
Leaning-18.jpg
Scarf.jpg
Closeup-68.jpg
Sleeve-15.jpg

Holdfast
Originally Posted by Holdfast
feb07005.jpg
Erik1982
Originally Posted by Erik1982

Dewi
Originally Posted by Dewi
My first ever WAYWRN. For the Friday Challenge - Jeans and SC edition. Please be gentle.
PICT0606.JPG
Not sure what's going on with the lighting though. Sorry about that.
PICT0609.JPG

TTO
Originally Posted by TTO
TopGear Challenge... -TTO
sugarbutch
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Not what I'm wearing today, but the only jacket/jeans photo I can access from work...
SFJacketJeans.jpg

Parker
Originally Posted by Parker
Coordinating with furniture.
prkr210a.jpg
prkr210b.jpg

acridsheep
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I'd planned on going dark until I got a new fit up to snuff, or in this case, a challenge I could actually compete in came along. So, here goes. Thanks to BB for the moleskin coat - love it. I tried to wear a pocket square, but the boots ripped themselves off my feet and proceeded to kick ****** until I put it down, apologized and admitted to them that I am indeed a nancy. Kept dog pic in because it made me chuckle. Happy Friday.
sfcollage.jpg

Raoul Duke
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
Today:
IMG_7515.jpg
IMG_7518.jpg
IMG_7528.jpg

MBreinin
Originally Posted by MBreinin
End of the day and wrinkled. Caught the last of the sun.........as it set on the retirement home. Martini time!!!!
lol8[1].gif
Semi-Retired-3.JPG
Semi-Retired-4.JPG

IBJanky
Originally Posted by IBJanky
Here's my denim entry:
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
myke

harry2quinn
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Well, whadaya know. Never got the timing right to make it into one of these before... and I just happened to be wearing denim (casual Friday... ish). D&G jacket, Pierre Cardin tie, Finamore shirt, Levi 501s, RL belt, Mayer HK shoes, Lord & Taylor coat, Jack Georges bag, custom cufflinks. And I've had wayyyy too much fun editing my face out of my last picture.
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg

Mr. Moo
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
33bg83n.jpg
29fxtnc.jpg

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did the multiple choice go? I always felt it achieved a better result- the outfit that was generally agreeable to the most people would win, even if it was the second choice of many. And it gave a nice proportional ranking, so if an entry isn't the top of the pack they can know how they stack up.

It also helps defeat the 'playing favorites' criticism.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are so many guys wearing a tie with jeans ?
confused.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for NYR -- amazing outfit by far. That said, I felt that Parker, Raoul Duke, and Threadbearer had really great outfits. And acridsheep gets points for the coolest props.
wink.gif
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Where did the multiple choice go? I always felt it achieved a better result- the outfit that was generally agreeable to the most people would win, even if it was the second choice of many. And it gave a nice proportional ranking, so if an entry isn't the top of the pack they can know how they stack up. It also helps defeat the 'playing favorites' criticism.
I agree. I preferred the multiple choices, but oh well. In this case, NYR is the clear winner (IMO).
Originally Posted by aj_del
Why are so many guys wearing a tie with jeans ?
confused.gif

As long as they can pull it off, why not?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PTWilliams is a baller. He's a Las Vegas cowboy mashup of kitonbrioni and iammatt's famous ice cream jacket.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
NOBD - guy nails casual cool every time. Baron's probably the only other one that's so consistent. BTW - I haven't been in WAYWRN for a while but Holdfast has come a LONG way with his casual fits. Huge improvement.

Also, too many damn ties.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This competition yielded interesting results, thanks to Spoo for all the work collating!

A few (Parker, NOBD etc.) were predictably good, but IBJanky gets my vote simply for making this work with the tie/PS/weird lapel flower-thing. A hard feat to pull off.
wink.gif

BTW: I agree allowing multiple votes is a good thing.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD and Aeglus great as usual. NY Ranger also looks good. but.. i have to give this one to Moo. wonderful mix of textures, with a slightly johnny cash edge to it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ny ranger...nice look...

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
There's enough decent fits to make me think MC should try and take on SW&D again
redface.gif

I dont know if the forum software can handle that overload again...
smile.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Where did the multiple choice go? I always felt it achieved a better result- the outfit that was generally agreeable to the most people would win, even if it was the second choice of many. And it gave a nice proportional ranking, so if an entry isn't the top of the pack they can know how they stack up.

It also helps defeat the 'playing favorites' criticism.

Im giving it a shot here with this one. There are voices for both options, and both have valid points. There were 31 contestants here, so I think one should stick out more than the rest. If it does not work, hey - no harm, no foul. Worth a try though.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this like the sartorial mullet? Business up top, party below?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads