• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Pitti Uomo - Who did it best? VOTE!!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys were INSANE today! Great job and a big thank you to all the participants! Below are your contestants...

yfyf:

Originally Posted by yfyf
2011-01-28-mark-chan-s.jpg

LilacCords:

Originally Posted by LilacCords
Friday challenge
wink.gif

greens2.jpg

green5.jpg

green.jpg

green4.jpg

green3.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Kent Wang:

Originally Posted by Kent Wang

Friday challenge

Fox fur hat
Harris Tweed sportcoat
Kent Wang pink herringbone shirt
Kent Wang cashmere herringbone tie
Kent Wang onyx tie clip
Kent Wang silk pocket square
WW Chan trousers

Am I tilting my chin correctly to give off the appropriate air of importance? Coat check's this way, sir.

NOBD:

Originally Posted by NOBD
S p r ezzzzz...

waywrnpittichallenge.jpg

upr_crust:

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Sprezzatura, to the best of my understanding, is the quality of style characterized by a studied spontenaity of dress, and an insouciant and idiosyncratic attitude of accessorization. If one does it well, one is supposed to look thrown together, in some respects, but thrown together perfectly.

Maintaining an insouciant attitude in one's dress the day after an 18-inch blizzard does take some fortitude, and my ideas for today's attire have been molded by a desire to wear only things soon destined for the dry cleaners, so this may not be the perfect example of "sprezzatura", but it is spontaneous enough I think, at least for the purposes of this contest.

As for photography, "sprezzatura" is all about flash, and after looking at yesterday's non-flash photos, I think that I prefer flash for documentary purposes. When I can figure out how to make non-flash photos without murkiness, I will revert to non-flash.

Allora!

P1020562534x1280.jpg

P1020561537x1280.jpg

P1020560871x1280.jpg

P10205591080x1280.jpg

P10205571011x1280.jpg

P1020558960x1280.jpg

PTWilliams:

Originally Posted by PTWilliams

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Panama hat
Gucci shirt
Brioni Jacket
Kiton Jeans
Farragomo shoes

Sprezzatura

harvey_birdman:

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I have to be conservative with my Sprezz today, so
Standard issue Southwick suit
BB Shirt
Mountain & Sackett Paisley tie
Trafalgar braces

sprezz01.png

sprezz02.png

But, the pièce de rÃ
00a9.png
sistance,

Alden Shell Cordovan Wingtips and socks

sprezz03.png

ndw:

Originally Posted by ndw
Not pictured - suede elbow patches and scarf swagger -ftw.

acridsheep:

Originally Posted by acridsheep
You can't be stylishly dishoveled if you don't start with stylishly shoveled. Here goes nothin':

1000000192.JPG

1000000194.JPG

1000000195.JPG

JPQ:

Originally Posted by JPQ
Double Monk Pitti Friday

WAYWRN110128.jpg

Please note unbuckled strap!
mwink[1].gif

WAYWRN2.jpg

Originally Posted by 1969
Cargo Pocket and all.

sprezzhigh.jpg

sprezzlow2.jpg

MBreinin:

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Man, it is such a nice crisp morning. Maybe if I stand here looking nonchalant, TT or Schuman will snap a pic......

Pitti-1.JPG

Good, lord, what now?

Pitti-2.JPG

I am not ******* late.....there is no such thing as late.....and you are cramping my steez.

Piiti-3-1.JPG

Ok, better make sure the laces are just right..never know.....

Pitti-4.JPG

Oh, so I have to wait for you? Steezus Christ!

Pitti-5.JPG

Oh, my closeup!!!

Pitti-6.JPG

I realized when I got to work that my camera settings were blown. So, instead of getting those awesome super-saturated shots, I got these half-assed medium res shots.
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh, well. Have a good one.........I can't wait to see the turnout today. This is a cool challenge!

Mike

in stitches:

Originally Posted by in stitches
mike, not sure about the outfit but the commentary was a spreezy winner fo' sho'

here is my spreez if you can call it that im still new at this

2011-01-27_23-14-23_306.jpg

2011-01-27_22-53-55_488.jpg

2011-01-27_22-57-57_311.jpg

2011-01-27_22-56-56_957.jpg

2011-01-27_23-03-44_610-1.jpg

have a great weekend all!!

PandArts:

Originally Posted by PandArts
Luckily for me I was walking and acting all natural and s**t
laugh.gif

HAHA! Yeah and he kept steppin'!

Ok! Smokatura time...about as sprezz as I can get
confused.gif

Retro_012811_05.jpg

inlandisland:

Originally Posted by inlandisland
Contest entry
Pittichallenge.jpg

I apologize for the fuzziness to a couple of the pics - sometimes I just can't tell until I get them on the computer. Feedback always appreciated. Have a great Friday/Weekend everyone.

clintonf:

Originally Posted by clintonf
I have no idea whether this constitutes anything but a mess, but here goes my attempt.

I had to leave the house today, so my Sprezz, is liking individual components and putting them together.

Pic25.jpg

Pic26.jpg

Pic28.jpg

Pic29.jpg

Pic30.jpg

That's all folks!!

NewYorkRanger:

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Unless you count a foot and a half of snow on the ground, and salt stains on my boots, I'm afraid, I'm sitting the best sprezz competition.

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

Thin White Duke:

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Still not sure I understand the theme - is it sprezzatura? = studied nonchalance, is that not an oxymoron? What's 'pitti' all about? Oh well, here goes ...

2dt4bk.jpg

zmgljr.jpg

33xg9hj.jpg

2h6as0p.jpg

rl9r4j.jpg

o9pvs2.jpg

Orgetorix:

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
This shot has sort of a "huhwhat?" air that for some reason reminds me of NYR. Sorry, Rob!
blush.gif

DSCF7007.jpg

"Was that a noise? I sure hope my coworkers don't catch me posing in this getup."

DSCF7012.jpg

"Nah, I'm good. Gotta open it up and make sure they see my TWO flapped shirt pockets. Lotsa sprezz."

DSCF7020.jpg

DSCF7011.jpg

Threadbearer:

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Fear the Sprezzzzzzzzmonster!!!

How many individual items of sprezz can you find in my outfit? Bonus points if you can name the SF originator of each stolen idea. Additional bonus points if you can get him to cop to it.

Closeup-62.jpg

Don't laugh. ^ I paid $1000 dollars for that tie clip.

Standing-3.jpg

Yes, those are tweed cargo pants. ^ Read 'em and weep, boys.

Sleeve-12.jpg

^ People who flip their watches around the other way are just trying way too hard in my opinion. I wear mine like a normal person.

Feet-27.jpg

I'm eager for Velcro dress shoes to hit the market. In the meantime, who can be bothered?

Baron:

Originally Posted by Baron
I tried to hold it under 5 Bozos on the Clown scale.

IMG_2863.jpg

Parker:

Originally Posted by Parker
This is what I call "Suburban Shopping Mall Uomo".
Also totally ridiculous. I immediately took my "belt"off.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg
p4.jpg

gnatty8:

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Not sure why, but I think I wore a bow every day this week. One of those weeks I guess.

at3t.jpg

at4wc.jpg

Shoos:
at5hm.jpg

UrbanComposition:

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Un po' di Pitti...

28.jpg

its299792458mps:

Originally Posted by its299792458mps
Hey, this will be my 2nd or 3rd time posting on here, please be gentle!
shog[1].gif

CIMG1095.jpg

CIMG1096.jpg

CIMG1097.jpg

CIMG1098.jpg

CIMG1099.jpg

Jan_ :

Originally Posted by Jan_
My contribution...

dsci0016jx.jpg

Please note that all my (pretended) sprezz is in the PS, which actually is just a folded 20 Euro bank note. Yes, some people noticed, one asked. I told him that I liked the colours.

Now I'm going to read and enjoy your approaches, gentlemen.
smile.gif

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Bah I had to work past sunset so didn't get a chance to make an entry. Great stuff men!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened page and immediately liked yfyf's submission. Scrolled down, scrolled down, scrolled down and kept thinking yfyf proposed this just because he knew he would win it.

Then hit Orgetorix. BAM!

My vote goes to yfyf, Orgetorix, Parker, and UC. Four way tie because they're all too good.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Didn't Nii enter? I remember liking his getup but maybe I misremembered.

hrb

Reaction score
best challenge so far. this was ******* hilarious.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nobd crushed everyone as far as actually looking good goes. A couple others had something decent. Enjoyed the rest.

ps kent wang I thought you were wearing that fox fur hat ironically the first few times but since you KEEP wearing it, I'm assuming you think it looks good and doesn't make you look horribly ridiculous. Suggest you donate it to your wife as it looks hilarious every single time you wear it and I'm guessing you aren't going for that kind of look!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think PTWilliams's pants would've gone over perfectly at Pitti.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
To me, Parker nailed the aging Pitti attendee perfectly, and NOBD fitted the criteria well whilst looking pretty good. As for the others, there were 1 or 2 like UC that while not competition winners, did well considering this is MC doing Pitti, but most were way off the mark, probably due to the strong difference in aesthetic and style between MCers and Pitti attendees. Was going to post pics myself, but worked gigs from 6am-midnight over the last 2 days; had the time to make posts and check facebook when work was calm, but not enough for shots
frown.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my vote goes to ndw.

fwiw, the only valid entry.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Opened page and immediately liked yfyf's submission. Scrolled down, scrolled down, scrolled down and kept thinking yfyf proposed this just because he knew he would win it.

Then hit Orgetorix. BAM!

My vote goes to yfyf, Orgetorix, Parker, and UC. Four way tie because they're all too good.

Wait... I'm eligible? I thought I wasn't eligible, I just threw a photo up because I had one handy. If I knew I was eligible I would have worn something else!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
Only post with felt lapel flower?

good shot.

he didn't add any gimmicks, despite the felt flower, which is iirc sf approved.

sprezz cannot be achieved by copying some blog pictures. you have it or don't, a bit like charisma. got me now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads