Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Inspired by Nature - Who did it best? VOTE!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

SpooPoker:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Threadbearer:
    Happy Friday, boys. Let's get this party started -- peacock-style. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Holdfast:
    Good to see the Nature entries coming in! [​IMG] I interpreted Mother Nature fairly broadly, with a Night Sky over the Desert. Original photographer is a Dan Ransom (click image to go to his online album). I just thought the image was awe-inspiring. I've tried to echo some of the colours, motifs, and the "feel" of the textures in my look, but really, the photo is too good for me to do it justice! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

porcelain monkey:
    Casual day for me - not travelling and working from home. If I can get enough done, it's off for skiing by mid-afternoon. For the nature theme, I guess a mountain stream is where I was going with this. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PTWilliams:
    Hermes cream cotton suit, Tommy Bahama camp shirt, Allen Edmonds Hastings shoes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    TTO:
    Nature [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Once again, thanks Sartorialism, for the hook up on the awesome RLPL sportscoat! -TTO -took a lot of effort not to wear the panama today!
    NOBD:
    Inspired by [​IMG] [​IMG] Sponsored by [​IMG]
    MBreinin:
    Too much Mardi Gras fun last night.......I am beat. I still got it together today for you though, and even took pics in the rain. Inspired by nature, specifically...by minerals. Sartoria Partenopea Borrelli Taramasio Wright Cordwainer [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    LilacCords:
    Here's my NATURE CHALLENGE... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PandArts:
    Winter's Blue and Grey with a hint of Spring on its way... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    fullb:
    Friday Challenge A spring night [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Requiem:
    Not a regular WAYWRN poster, but couldn't resist to participate in this weeks challenge. [​IMG] Here's my inspiration, although it's not the season (well, maybe in the southern hemisphere...) [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Cell phone pics, no full body shot (nothing to miss though, just dark Levi's 506 and suede boots)
    Orgetorix:
    Bit of a weak effort, especially compared to all you guys. But I'm leaving for vacation this afternoon and so didn't have a chance to put together a good fit. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

Haha I love Breinin's entry, silly theme

3. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Threadbearer's cuff links are an awesome accentuating detail. Spoo's dog, while not part of his outfit, is also a good detail. Lilac's PS is very springy. Breinin's is amusing.

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Some very nice looks- but many of them have a loose connection at best to their supposed theme.

Also, I forgot to vote for spoo. Don't know if I can go back and add that... But it was very nice as a real world look and pulling in elements of the butterfly. Dig the spotted pocket square.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Also, I forgot to vote for spoo. Don't know if I can go back and add that... But it was very nice as a real world look and pulling in elements of the butterfly. Dig the spotted pocket square.

[​IMG] No, but you can plead to the masses to compensate for your oversight [​IMG]

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

fullb and TTO were standouts this week for me, because both really interpreted their inspiration so well. fullb's dark, clean, and enveloping suit with dazzling spots of white from shirt, square and tie truly calls to mind a clear night sky. It absolutely wouldn't have worked if it were a 2pc suit, because you need the extra darkness of the waistcoat to create the night-time effect. And whether deliberate or happy accident, the tapering angle of the square in the pocket echoes the tapering tail of the comet or shooting star in the photo. TTO's spring outfit evoked the lightness and ephemerality of the blossom beautifully, as well as keying in to some of the textural contrasts of a tree in blossom. Little touches like the loose bow-tie and the choice of pocket square fold made this special. Some of the other looks were good interpretations of the theme too, but I felt these two took it to a higher level.

7. TTO

TTO Senior member

Wow...not a single floral tie!!

-TTO

edit-Thanks HoldFast!

8. SpooPoker

Wow...not a single floral tie!!

-TTO

Pandarts.
    [​IMG]

9. TTO

TTO Senior member

I s'pose I was thinking more Liberty print style floral...but I stand corrected sir.

I shall say three Hail-Spoo's and one Holy-Vox as penance!

-TTO

10. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

I'm interested in getting you guys' opinion on this tie.
    It was the first tie I ever bought with my own money, back in 92. Last time I wore it was probably 10 or 12 years ago, but yesterday it was smiling at me.
    Does it look too dated or is it fine in that context?

[​IMG]

11. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Haha I love Breinin's entry, silly theme

Breinin's is amusing.

Believe it or not, I actually put some thought into this fit. It was centered around the suit, which has a good amount of sheen that did not translate in the pics...it reminded me of Hematite.

It was this or a pastel marathon, which I wasn't in the mood for after the night I had on Thursday. I should have just skipped this one altogether as my heart was not in it and I felt like total shit.

Mike

12. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    TTO takes this one, for me, with Holdfast a close second. Pretty much everyone had a great looks. Another good competition.

13. fullb

fullb Senior member

fullb's dark, clean, and enveloping suit with dazzling spots of white from shirt, square and tie truly calls to mind a clear night sky. It absolutely wouldn't have worked if it were a 2pc suit, because you need the extra darkness of the waistcoat to create the night-time effect. And whether deliberate or happy accident, the tapering angle of the square in the pocket echoes the tapering tail of the comet or shooting star in the photo.

Wow thank you very much [​IMG]

14. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I'm not namin' any names -- cough, cough -- but I suspect that a few entrants selected nature scenes to go with their outfits rather than selecting outfits to go with a nature scene. The confession booth is open, gentlemen, for those of you who'd like to unburden yourself of the guilt. [​IMG]

15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored