1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Feb 19, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sorry its late guys... I fell asleep! [​IMG]

LilacCords:

FRIDAY FU-SC CHALLENGE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a Great FUSCukin Weekend.

aeglus

Spoo said this counts as an fu jacket so I'm going with it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

+J beanie
    toj dr
    uniqlo western denim shirt
    +J cropped trousers
    dior boots

D Yizz

Probably not suitable for FU challenge, but enough FU to the usual dress standards in this li'l island. Oh, and yes, it is (always) hot enough for linen!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holdfast:

Dug into the back of the closet for the FU contest. I tend to wear this more in summer, it being unlined, but it's a fairly heavy wool, so with a waistcoat, it can work on cooler days too. Probably the leeriest jacket I have. Bunnies and seals on the tie may be kawaii rather than FU, however, so apologies for sending out mixed messages... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also see why I like a little structure/shoulder-padding in my jackets. This one has none, and just look at that shoulder/sleevehead. My build definitely needs a smidgen of assistance! [​IMG]

TTO:

F. U.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yes, I wore this out (earlier in the week)
    no, I don't think it works...but there you go, statement dressing gone to far!
    -TTO

MBreinin:

Nothing quite says Fuck You like the full Nutter rig.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Orgetorix:

Friday Challenge! I actually got flipped the finger this morning while wearing this SC, so I think that means I should win.

I was gonna post something about how I don't like the overpadded shoulders on my SC...but then I saw the Nutter and figured, why bother?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Eustace:

FU WINTER! Nothing like a linen SC in February to say FU. Ttourne enculer les mouces!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big ups to Gregaz for the SC btw.

PTWilliams:

I would not have worn this, except that if Aeglus's jacket applies, then I would imagine this would as well (I would have thought is that the clothing still needs to be within the theme of men's clothing and not street wear. More than happy to replace this with my original idea).

[​IMG]
    s[/url]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ndw:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cptjeff:

Entering the FU contest.

And believe it or not, I'm actually going to be wearing this in public. To an NCAA hockey game. Guess the school colors.

[​IMG]

With coat:

[​IMG]

It's not an FU sportcoat, it's a fuck you three piece suit. I don't know if that technically qualifies, but fuck the rules.

UrbanComposition:

I'm Happy When It Rains... [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...February is SF Beer Month. Tomorrow is strong beer day (8%+). See you at Toronado! Cheers!

Mr. Moo:

[​IMG]

NewYorkRanger:

FU? F That.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

landshark:

Not a sportcoat but a double breasted camel overcoat with red lining:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IWC Mark XVI

2. NORE

NORE Senior member

SO much win here. So much.

@HF [​IMG]

3. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

I voted for Holdfast, though I'm still not sure if he's saying "Fuck You" or "Fuck Me," but either way it's offensive, both to the eyes and to the brain, on multiple levels. [​IMG]

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

heh I got a single vote so I already won even when I lose (insert smug smiley here)

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Most of the sportcoats in the challenge are not FU at all, and at least a few of them are just plain old ugly. I think aeglus came closest in spirit, but since he wasn't technically wearing a SC, I didn't vote for him.

That said, there were also some very nice, fairly muted patterned coats in here, like those worn by NDW and UrbanComposition. Moo's had promise but couldn't see enough of it to tell.

That Berlin leather coat is EPIC.

6. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Most of the sportcoats in the challenge are not FU at all, and at least a few of them are just plain old ugly. I think aeglus came closest in spirit, but since he wasn't technically wearing a SC, I didn't vote for him.

That said, there were also some very nice, fairly muted patterned coats in here, like those worn by NDW and UrbanComposition. Moo's had promise but couldn't see enough of it to tell.

That Berlin leather coat is EPIC.

Yes, that Berlin coat is fantastic. Made me pause my scroll for an extra couple seconds to admire it.

I was hoping for a lot more scowls and middle fingers in this contest. Ah well. This is MC. Most of the rude assholes don't have the guts to post fits. [​IMG]

7. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

+1 for MBreinin for a double FU; HF was a loud FU ....I have to say that UC's was more of a whispered FU [​IMG]

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Some really fun entries. [​IMG] NYR's was my favourite in terms of an overall look, so I had to vote for him. (UC a close second, with TTO's being my favourite jacket on its own, and ndw only a shade behind on that score). But my sentimental (emphasis on the mental) favourite has to be PTWilliams. THAT, my friends, is true awesomeness. [​IMG] [​IMG] PS. thank you for the votes; I'm taking names. You'll all get discounted therapy sessions (you clearly need them). [​IMG]

9. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

PS. thank you for the votes; I'm taking names. You'll all get discounted therapy sessions (you clearly need them). [​IMG]

[​IMG] yes SF is a one stop shopping and what else do you need site...

10. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Oh man, I can't believe I missed this challenge!! I had an FU Harris Tweed in mind and everything!

I always love to see that Nutter, and I have long admired Oregetrix's "coolest gun club evar", but my vote goes to the Dashing Tweed!

11. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

Sure were some interesting looks this week. Fine line between FU and FU (fugly) isn't there? Glad that the multiple choice option returned to the poll. Somehow, I think that the results are more interesting that way. Oh, and BTW, look what I found on another forum: [​IMG] Has infinite possibilities, doesn't it?

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

This week belongs to MB. He actually pulled off a FUMF.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Went with Moo this week, with a close second to Holdfast.

14. joneog

joneog Well-Known Member

Holdfast has one the best FU jackets but, like he said, the shoulders are an issue.

TTO seems to always looks great.

Orgetorix, a decent amount of FU but not enough. Good fit, great tie.

NewYorkRanger, shoes/jacket/jeans are amazing. (not crazy about the shirt though)

LilacCords, that jacket makes me want to sucker punch you, so you win.

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Orgetorix: What's that tie you're wearing?

16. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Orgetorix: What's that tie you're wearing?

Silk knit by "BG&C," or Bob Goodman & Co. A little-known brand that seems to be just in a few small time mens stores here and there. I got it in a local store on sale for $15.

17. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

Guys, sorry, but most of you aren't wearing FU coats but rather "F ME" coats. Some of these are just so ugly.

1 person likes this.
  18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm all for Holdfast on this one.

Orgetorix - you didn't get my vote but yours is the only picture I saved since it's one of the more wearable outfits. So thanks for the color combo inspiration!

PTWilliams looks like he'd blend in quite nicely at a Harley convention, or medieval times, I'm not sure. Love you buddy, keep doing your thing!

Moo - you lost me with the shirt, otherwise really nice though! That SC's a really good fit, and I think the color also works really well for you.

19. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

oh. huh. i missed this.
    TTO, holdfast, and ptwilliams seem to have the idea.
    i didnt realize you guys liked fuck you clothing in MC, should i post waywt in the future?

20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Where was this challenge announced? I would've totally hauled out my red flannel sportcoat.
    Silk knit by "BG&C," or Bob Goodman & Co. A little-known brand that seems to be just in a few small time mens stores here and there. I got it in a local store on sale for $15.
    The pattern and scale of the knit is very interesting.