• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 4/1/11 - As decided by SpooPoker...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Should I start a separate thread for bets, or do you want to do them here?

LOL, we can just do them here. Of course, if we start betting on people, they may not show up at all.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
LOL, we can just do them here. Of course, if we start betting on people, they may not show up at all.

Thats true. Maybe interested parties can start a PM chain.

Ill wait for someone to open that '77 DeLord Armagnac to start it.
wink.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im listening.

So say a guy wears a navy suit and a [predominantly] navy tie with red dots. One may argue to tie is navy so that only counts as one color, right? Unless I'm mistaken.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep me out of this madness.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
So say a guy wears a navy suit and a [predominantly] navy tie with red dots. One may argue to tie is navy so that only counts as one color, right? Unless I'm mistaken.

For the challenge, I dont think that combo would work. If the tie was red with navy dots, yes. As you described it, the tie would be invalid.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the challenge, I dont think that combo would work. If the tie was red with navy dots, yes. As you described it, the tie would be invalid.

OK, so prepare for teh catfight.
smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Keep me out of this madness.

Oh, come on man. I know there has to be enough color variation contained in your collection of neutral colored garments and suede shoes to compete in this one.

And, just imagine the macro lens and photoshop opportunities you have been presented. You could do a super close up on one of your grey/blue/other nuetral color sportcoats and show us that while it may lack color at a distance, the weave, in fact, contains in excess of five colors....or maybe you have access to a scanning electron microscope? I mean, we are talking next level **** here...you could get down the the sub-atomic level of color if you really made an effort.

Mike

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So theoretically just to qualify one must wear:

SC
Shirt
Pants
Square
Tie

All with unique colors, amirite?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
So theoretically just to qualify one must wear:

SC
Shirt
Pants
Square
Tie

All with unique colors, amirite?

My interpretation of the rules set out was that there had to be unique colors for four of them.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five total colors, one on at least four from the list. (Changed emphasis is mine).

Cinque Colori -

In this challenge, you are required to wear 5 unique colors in your fit, WITHOUT looking too over the top or clownish.

There MUST be one of your colors on at least 4 of these categories :

Suit
SC
Pants
Shirt
Tie
Pants
PS
[/b]

Which leaves the source of one color completely open to interpretation and creativity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads