• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 12/31/10 - As decided by TTO....

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the wild card should go to Doc Holiday.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D'oh! Just saw this. I'm glad the rules have been adjusted; I'm not sure if I'll be wearing another suit till next year.

Wild Card should be Reevolving. Just because.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Reevolving wins, he wont show up, just post a litany of excuses...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is gonna be cool, because I think people should pick a photo that best exemplifies their own personal style...loving it!

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in WAYWRN in like three weeks, since I've mostly been either helping my inlaws with construction work or wearing the same festive Christmas outfit to various parties. So I'll be posting a new pic for sure. I even made a new, epic, soon-to-be-classic animated GIF for the occasion! I am humbled to be in the company of such greatness.
smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I even made a new, epic, soon-to-be-classic animated GIF for the occasion!

Hey, that was my trump!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I'm not sure my dictionary gave me the right translation, but isn't that what's called safeguarding, Mr Holdfast? Covering oneself? Hedging?

"Hedging one's bets", probably.
laugh.gif

As it happens, I've just had a lunch with a friend confirmed, so my get-out clause of not wanting to review the archives is now gone... I'll post whatever I wear to go to lunch as my entry. Unlikely to be a suit I think; but should be MC-acceptable though!
smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
As it happens, I've just had a lunch with a friend confirmed, so my get-out clause of not wanting to review the archives is now gone... I'll post whatever I wear to go to lunch as my entry. Unlikely to be a suit I think; but should be MC-acceptable though!
smile.gif

And with this you just upped the bet you were hedging, right?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
And with this you just upped the bet you were hedging, right?
I lost my hedge of being able to dip into the archives in case of catastrophe. But the observant will have noted the new one in the lack of a suit. Always another line of defence...
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I lost my hedge of being able to dip into the archives in case of catastrophe.

But the observant will have noted the new one in the lack of a suit.

Always another line of defence...
laugh.gif

That's another way of looking at it (or perhaps I still have the Dutch term in mind which doesn't correspond to the English one): if things went terribly wrong* while you still had your complete archive to your disposal as a backup, there was nowhere to run or hide. But now you can blame the hypothetical disaster to the fact that you didn't have the chance to pick something special for the challenge, but simply had to go with what you were wearing. (Does that make sense?)

*) Don't ask why that would happen"”I'm speaking purely hypothetical of course.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I am the Wildcard.

So, if I use an "archival" fit, can I re-shoot it? I was thinking of using one from this summer that really encapsulates my style, but I only have iPhone pics.

Would it be strange/cheating if I dug it out and re-shot it?

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, I am the Wildcard.

So, if I use an "archival" fit, can I re-shoot it? I was thinking of using one from this summer that really encapsulates my style, but I only have iPhone pics.

Would it be strange/cheating if I dug it out and re-shot it?

Mike

Nope - any picture tomorrow - old, new, reshot, etc... as long as its from 2010.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads